Dr. Michael Colburn MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Traverse City, MI

• Good
  • Bad

October 9th, 2014
The very first visit with Dr. Colburn was a turn off. He treated my husband like a 5 year old when explaining the surgery to him. His appointment was at 12:00 for testing then a 1:00 with the doctor with the results. This was after two test procedures at the hospital. His office staff went to lunch at Noon and left my husband sitting in the waiting room. Finally 45 minutes later he was taken back for the test which wasn't even related to the procedure for his legs. The doctor never told him what percentage blockage he had. Come time for the surgery, this was a total conundrum. The doctor came out after the surgery and talked openly in the waiting room about what he was able to do. After another hour and a half of waiting for my husband to come out of the anesthesia it was time to go back and see him. The nurse was going over the procedure and the go home instructions. What she was telling me they did during the procedure was not what the doctor told me. She had to clarify it with the doctor. The assisting nurses notes were not accurate. Then when it was time to schedule the follow up appointment we were sitting there with the office help. I asked about the model and serial number of the stent they put in his leg. She had no idea what I was talking about and would check with the nurse and get the information to us. When we got the information it again did not match what the doctor had told us. It showed two stents in the right leg. The doctor told me that they did angioplasty in the abdomen and one stent in the left leg. For 20K+ you would think they could at least get the notes and information correct. This doctor is what is wrong with our health care system. I would not recommend him or his office to any one other than my enemies. Then I probably would not recommend him to my enemies either.

June 5th, 2012
Should not have a medical license.
I was refered to him due to a celiac blockage and an anureiusm. I was told I need to have these operated on, my husband and I agreed however after he did the first surgery he checked to besure everything was ok he found that the bypass was leaking and another anureiusm was dicovered. When he did the second surgery he noticed that there was a leak in by bowel but failed to find it and closed me up after the repairs, 8 days later my stomach busted open and I looked like a volcano. He then had to do the repairs of the bowel and put in an iliostomy in. I feel he was very neglectfull in care and would never take responsiblily in his actions. When I did get to go home 1 1/2 months later, and had to be rehospilalized twice. After that when my home health care nurse called with problem he said not his problem, take me to the ER. I would have rated him lower than what I did it I could on follow up and proffessionalism.

April 9th, 2016