A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Cooney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Cooney, Ophthalmologist---Retinal Surgery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cooney
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Cooney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Cooney, MBA, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Perforations
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooney graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Cooney has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- NYU Langone Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Jude Cooney MBA and MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Cooney practice?
- Dr. Michael Cooney has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Cooney practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.