A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Cooney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Cooney, Ophthalmologist---Retinal Surgery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cooney
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Cooney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Cooney, MBA, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Perforations
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooney graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cooney has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- NYU Langone Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Jude Cooney MBA and MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Cooney practice?
- Dr. Michael Cooney has 3 office locations.
Dr. Michael Cooney practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.