Dr. Michael Coughlin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Coughlin?

Ankle fusions ' spectacular results

Posted on November 4th, 2013

both ankles. 12 mos. and 6 mos. ago . years of pain after ended jogging/running and from from arthritis . he was excited to be doing the surgeries for me , moved me up in his scheduling to get 1st one started . showed us videos of patients back at their work , striding in streets--all without slightest evidence of favoring limp . His confidence was my confidence ! He applied plates on tops from talus to tibia ,screws , removed lose pieces . No pain! Hiking , dancing again , all the yard care activities ! Out and about as long as desire ! Am blessed .

he cares

Posted on September 23rd, 2013

He is the nicest Dr. I know ,he knows what he is doing and the staff is really nice. I've moved to Calif. and had surgery on my right foot and a year later I'm have diffaculty with the foot. Dr.Coughlin, did the same surgery on my left foot total different out come, I've been in a walking boot almost a year and am still in pain. If I get a chance I'm going back to see him! He is the best and the kindest person, he talks to you and he is a great listener!!

great ankle

Posted on May 31st, 2013

In 1998 I could hardly walk my ankle was so bad. I lived in Las Vegas and my Dr wanted to fuse it. Then I was sent a article from a news paper about this ankle replacement. I was a early study and was accepted for a FDA study. I still work and I am now 66 yrs old and never had a pain even after the surgery. Great Doctor and I would recommend this replacement.

Bad experience on 4 occasions

Posted on July 25th, 2012

I have a serious ankle problem. Not like your standard broken ankle but major issues on boh the lateral and medial side of my talus with pre arthritis. Coughlin was not interested in even touching my ankle. The first of four appointments was frustrating because it took way too long to make an appointment, I waited almost an hour, he was constantly looking at his watch, to be done. He is a very wel Known and acclaimed doctor, and I don't doubt his knowledge or experience. But he was borderline unprofessional with poor bedside manner. On all four visits this was the case.

Posted on March 20th, 2012

God directed me to the most excellent orthopedic surgeon!!! After meeting with him I knew immediately that I would accept a new ankle. (I had seen another surgeon before Dr. Coughlin and definitely did not want to have the surgery because of my lack of trust in this other physician.) I had NO fear or doubt because of Dr. Coughlin's personal manner, knowledge, and kindness. My surgery was successful--I expected that--and now I have only about 2 more weeks before I am out of a cast(12 total only because I also had two tendon repairs.) The doctor and his staff were ALWAYS gracious and ready to help at any time! I looked forward to my visits. My sister wrote in my brthday card..."Your body is 68 years old now but your ankle is just a baby and will last forever." :) God bless Dr. Coughlin for all the sacrifices he made to get the FDA to accept this ankle which now is such a wonderful blessing to me!! I give God the glory for this GREAT doctor, and for the joy of walking pain free!!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Coughlin and his Staff

Posted on March 7th, 2012

Dr. Coughlin and his staff provided the most comprehensive and valuable medical care I've ever received. I cannot recommend he and his staff enough. Not only were they professional, punctual, caring and knowledgeable, but they went above and beyond to contact me on numerous occasions to check to see how I was recovering post-surgery when I returned home. You cannot go wrong with Dr. Coughlin or his staff...highly recommend, and I am not easy to please!

Great Surgeon

Posted on March 5th, 2012

I consider Dr. Coughlin top in his field in the foot and ankle clinic. I am five months post-op and couldn't be happier. The care & concern that I was given was top quality. My issues made for a difficult case and he knew just what to do to repair 2 previous surgical procdures botched by another surgeon. He took it a step higher and fixed the original probelm above and beyond my expectations. I found the whole experience to be a postive one and can't Thank the doctor and his staff enough for what they were able to do for me. Thank you Dr. Coughlin!

Best Ankle Doctor

Posted on March 1st, 2012

Dr. Coughlin is a fantastic surgeon and incredible doctor. I travelled 800 miles round trip to see him each trip, and I would have gone farther. He is that good. My ankle replacement is a complete success and his professional manner and surgical expertise are beyond belief. He is the nicest doctor as well. He gives you his undivided attention when in his office and cares so much that you have come such a long way for treatment. He is just a fantastic person.

Super results from my surgery;

Posted on February 12th, 2012

I am a post-polio person and had been wearing a brace for about 15 years with all the complications that entails. I had assumed there was nothing that could be done to help my ability to walk until I was refered to Dr. Coughlin from Desh, my AFO person. I have been so pleased with the outcome of my ankle fusion that I can't begin to tell you how it haas improved my walking. I no longer am wearing my brace and mostly am not using a cane unless I am very tired. I would recommend this to everyone!!

A life changing PROCEDURE

Posted on February 1st, 2012

I just had my 1 year follow up on the STAR joint replacement and can report that Dr. Coughlin was happy with the results and I am ecstatic about them. After 11 Years of progressive ankel pain, I am now able to walk and carry out daily activities completely pain free. This has been a life changing procedure and I cannot thank Dr. Coughlin and his competent staff enough. Dr Coughlin, you are "THE MAN" for this procedure.

Posted on July 7th, 2011

I had suffered for years with a degenerative ankle and received a STAR total ankle replacement from Dr. Coughlin and his staff. The care I have received has been excellent. Significantly more important to me than office wait times etc. is Dr. Coughlin's knowledge and experience, which I believe to be unparalleled. Every step of the way I have been kept informed and I have always been treated with respect and compassion. Dr. Coughlin and his staff receive my highest recommendation.

The best surgeon for me

Posted on July 5th, 2011

When I first met Dr. Coughlin, he explained all the challenges I would face with my fusion and tendon replacement because I am significantly overweight and diabetic. He told me people my size don't have a very good success rate, so I was determined to follow his instructions to the "T". As it happened, my body rejected the fusion, but the tendon healed well, so I had to have a second fusion. This time my own bone was used and it was successful! I appreciate the way Dr. Coughlin has guided me through this journey of healing. When my ankle remained swollen and very painful, he performed an arthroscopic surgery to remove scar and inflamed tissue. I am so happy to report that my foot is now healing properly. My weight and diabetes makes healing a slow process for me, but Dr. Coughlin has gently and patiently been right beside me throughout the past two years. He has answered all my questions and concerns and has helped me work through my fears. I know this much is true...it is up to me to follow the directions of the doctor and the physical therapists on my own time and do what they tell me to do if I am to get better. I have the utmost trust in Dr. Coughlin and his staff! I had the priviledge of working with Dr. Cooper, Dr. Kemp, and Dr. Shutt, too.