Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Misdiagnosis show details Misdiagnosis
by Still not Happy on Jan 27th, 2015

In 2013 during the flood I had an appointment and was 5 minutes late due to flooded out bridges etc.... It took me 2 months to get the appointment. The staff was rude told me to make another appointment and I kind of went off. I was the first appointment of the day, no one else was there. Dr. Curiel heard what was going on and said he would take me in. (that was nice of him)... my feet have been going numb for the last 3 years, so he gave me a nerve test on my feet and legs. Diagnosis was Diabetes. No conversation or questions. Regular Doc put me on Diabetes pills to stop numbness. Didn't sit right with me. Just got back x-rays and it shows narrowing of the spine in neck and lower back which is causing the numbness........ not a good experience.

Knowledgable, consistant and empathetic care show details Knowledgable, consistant and empathetic care
Mar 18th, 2014

Dr Curiel was extremely competent with my diagnosis, care and long term prognosis after my brain injury. He was very patient with explaining and re-explaining to me the problems. He also referred me to additional specialists who addressed other problems. I would highly recommend this doctor.

my daughter's care at the hospital show details my daughter's care at the hospital
by carolyn gallaher on Mar 2nd, 2013

Dr. Curiel will not explain to me why he did not give or recommend care to my daughter who at the time was breathing over the life support machine and had a weak cough. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone because he gives up on the grave and poor prognosises. Isn't this what life is all about, making miracles. Treating people who have no hope, so in the last minutes of the day you can feel like you have accomplished something miraculous. But this is not what happened to my daughter, the doctors gave up on her within two hours. This is breaking the recommending time by AAN and UDDA ACT of 1981. You are suppose to do all you can for the brain injured, wait 6-24 hours then only then consider brain death, which by the way is not death. Then you are to run a second test to make sure your wrongful diagnoses is correct. This did not happen in my daughters case. They never documented the necessary requirements for legal brain death, which is not death. They just assumed my daughter was brain death, which is not death. My daughter should have been treated with all the available treatments for brain injury until all were exhausted. My daughter's insurance was paying for the care not them. She had the rights to all available treatments for brain injury she got only one mannitol which is like a bandaid. She needed surgery immediately for removal of the bone flap to allow room for her brain to swell. She needed her left carotid artery repaired. She needed to given HBOT pure oxygen therapy which the government of the United States Health Department recommends for severe brain injury. So my questions are Why did Dr. Curiel not interecede on the behalf of a brain alive patient. My daughter was never documented as brain death. My daughter never got supportive care which is food and pain medication. My daughter lay in pain and suffering for six days in a hospital where pain medication and nutrition was available. She was not a DNR, she wanted to live. You cannot live without food.

Dr. Curiel is very good. show details Dr. Curiel is very good.
Jul 3rd, 2012

I recommend him.

May 10th, 2012

Very apathetic approach. I'd like to see a DR who seems to care.

MS patient show details MS patient
Feb 14th, 2012

Since my diagnosis 9 years ago Dr. Curiel has been a great source of encouragement. He always shows he cared and listens to what I have to say. The staff is very helpful in answering questions i may have in all these years i may have waited once for a bit longer due to an emergency but not bad when considering the patients he cares for

Passed me off show details Passed me off
Jul 16th, 2011

I had a head injury and went to him to get an expert opinion about what to do for recovery, and he passed me off as having an inner ear issue. At the ear doctor my symptoms were made worse during the tests they performed on me as result to me having a CONCUSSION in the first place. He did not perform the proper tests on me at the office nor did he ever follow up to discuss my diagnosis. This guy needs to retire and lacks the knowledge of head trauma.