Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Misleading and stalled more than necessary show details Misleading and stalled more than necessary
Oct 25th, 2015

The doctor ran through standard checks and questions extremely fast, left no time for me to ask questions, and had me out the door in five minutes. After claiming that they ordered an MRI and sent paperwork to my insurance for authorization, we found out that they in fact sent nothing, the insurance required no authorization, and it was merely sitting on the doctor's desk for a week. Their answering service out-of-hours was rude and unhelpful. They also claimed to be closed on Fridays, though their website states otherwise. It has been an extremely frustrating process, especially considering the gravity of the situation when neurological problems are involved, and I ultimately decided to go to another doctor to be diagnosed and treated. There are many neurologists in Fort Collins; I would recommend finding help elsewhere.

Misdiagnosis show details Misdiagnosis
by Still not Happy on Jan 27th, 2015

In 2013 during the flood I had an appointment and was 5 minutes late due to flooded out bridges etc.... It took me 2 months to get the appointment. The staff was rude told me to make another appointment and I kind of went off. I was the first appointment of the day, no one else was there. Dr. Curiel heard what was going on and said he would take me in. (that was nice of him)... my feet have been going numb for the last 3 years, so he gave me a nerve test on my feet and legs. Diagnosis was Diabetes. No conversation or questions. Regular Doc put me on Diabetes pills to stop numbness. Didn't sit right with me. Just got back x-rays and it shows narrowing of the spine in neck and lower back which is causing the numbness........ not a good experience.

Knowledgable, consistant and empathetic care show details Knowledgable, consistant and empathetic care
Mar 18th, 2014

Dr Curiel was extremely competent with my diagnosis, care and long term prognosis after my brain injury. He was very patient with explaining and re-explaining to me the problems. He also referred me to additional specialists who addressed other problems. I would highly recommend this doctor.

Dr. Curiel is very good. show details Dr. Curiel is very good.
Jul 3rd, 2012

I recommend him.

May 10th, 2012

Very apathetic approach. I'd like to see a DR who seems to care.

MS patient show details MS patient
Feb 14th, 2012

Since my diagnosis 9 years ago Dr. Curiel has been a great source of encouragement. He always shows he cared and listens to what I have to say. The staff is very helpful in answering questions i may have in all these years i may have waited once for a bit longer due to an emergency but not bad when considering the patients he cares for

Passed me off show details Passed me off
Jul 16th, 2011

I had a head injury and went to him to get an expert opinion about what to do for recovery, and he passed me off as having an inner ear issue. At the ear doctor my symptoms were made worse during the tests they performed on me as result to me having a CONCUSSION in the first place. He did not perform the proper tests on me at the office nor did he ever follow up to discuss my diagnosis. This guy needs to retire and lacks the knowledge of head trauma.