Dr. Michael Cushner MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Yonkers, NY

April 19th, 2017
Dr. Cushner is the scope master! and a fantastic surgeon..!!
He is quick to diagnose and tell you what your problems are. His staff of PA are excellent. I worked with Brett who has been with Dr. Cushner many years. He is also very knowledgeable and explains what and why your injury feels the way it does. They are both very compassionate and leave you with a "your in good hands" feeling. I personally have seen Dr. Cushner for many years and he has taken care of my shoulder and both knee meniscus tears. He is a great doc and nice guy over all...Funny too..

December 1st, 2016
great staff; usually the PAs will see you and he just stops by unless needed

November 4th, 2016
Knee Replacement Surgery Thankfully delayed
Another Dr wanted to replace my knees 3 years ago. Dr Cushner took a more conservative approach with arthroscopic surgery and cortisone and gel injections as well as physical therapy. Due to the pain relief from these procedures I have been able to resume normal physical activity and lose 30lbs.

September 29th, 2016
The best Doctor to see
Easy to talk to. Listens to you. Explains everything to you in great detail in a manner you will understand. His staff is amazing. Very friendly. Clean office. Seems very precise not eager to jump the gun. I always feel welcomed when I go which is a lot due to a few different injuries. Always happy to go. Never feel uncomfortable or that I'm being judged. Dr. Cushner and his staff are the best.

June 18th, 2016
Great Doctor
Wonderful experience. Treated my knee and shoulder with great results. Always available for emergencies.

June 18th, 2016
Great doctor; I was recommended by a family member and had a great experience. I have sent a number of people to him and all are happy

March 3rd, 2016
Dr Cushner has treated me for tennis elbow and shoulder instability. I am extremely happy with the care I received. An Injection for the elbow and conservative physio for the shoulder

August 15th, 2015
Great doctor and great team. Quick recovery after surgery. Was easy to reach through email when I had a question

August 1st, 2015
Very attentive He has helped my entire family

April 25th, 2015
Complete Different Experience
I had a different experience.Dr Mike evaluated my shoulder, treated me with physical therapy and I avoided an operation.My friends refereed me and they love him as well.Diagnosi was accurate and overall I had a great experience.And he takes my insurance!!!!. I highly reccomend

January 27th, 2015
Waste of time
I have seen a number of back doctors over the last few years and Dr Cushner was by far the worst. He spends less than a minute with patients after making them wait for hours. Most of the treatment and diagnosis is done by his trainees and very little attempt is made to find out what is actually causing the pain. I went in for my appointment in terrible pain and he did very little to help me. He just told me to come back in 6 weeks which is a long time to be in pain. I spent hours waiting and Dr Cushner spent less than 1 minute with me. His trainees did all of the "treatment" yet he charged my insurance company full price. $400 for 30 seconds "work"... This is one size fits all, conveyor belt medicine at its worst. They aim to send you for as much treatment as possible within the westchester medical group, wether you need it or not. After 12 weeks of doing nothing to help me, he tried to make me go and see their surgeon. I just left and made no further appointments. I have zero confidence in him or the Westchester medical group. Back surgery is serious and the last think you want is to be talked into it by the guy that spend 30 seconds on your chart. They have very opulent offices and they obviously need to pay for it at the cost of patient care. I am still in pain and I am going to find a doctor who will treat it rather than just filling their pockets. Trust me, if you are in a lot of pain, you do not want to spent 2 hours waiting in this guys uncomfortable waiting room only to be told to just wait for 6-12 weeks before anyone does anything to manage your pain.

January 15th, 2015
He's my excellent Orthopedic doctor/surgeon since early 1990's. I don't remember the exact year.