A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Bates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Bates is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Bates, MD, PHD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Lactose Intolerance
- Short Bowel Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Bates graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Bates has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Mission Hospitals
- Asheville Specialty Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael David Bates MD and PHD is a male Pediatrician, has 18 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Bates practice?
- Dr. Michael Bates has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Bates practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology near Asheville, NC.
See Asheville Pediatricians and Asheville Pediatric Specialists.