A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Butcher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Butcher is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Butcher, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery Hip Replacement Arthroplasty
- Knee Resurfacing
- Knee Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (Hip)
- Partial Knee Resurfacing
Education & Awards
Dr. Butcher graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Dr. Butcher has 9 hospital affiliations:
- El Camino Hospital
- Community Hospital of Los Gatos
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Butcher accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Butcher practice?
Dr. Michael Butcher practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Los Gatos, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Jose, CA.
See Los Gatos Surgeons, Los Gatos Orthopedic Surgeons, Los Gatos Sports Medicine Doctors, and Los Gatos Urgent Care Centers.