A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Butcher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Butcher is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Butcher
Hip Replacement Patient Education Read our hip replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Butcher Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Butcher, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Butcher graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Dr. Butcher has 9 hospital affiliations:
- El Camino Hospital
- Community Hospital of Los Gatos
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael D Butcher MD is a male Sports Medicine, has 45 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Butcher practice?
- Dr. Michael Butcher has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Butcher practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, and Sports Medicine near San Jose, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Los Gatos, CA.
See San Jose Orthopedic Surgeons, San Jose Surgeons, and San Jose Family Physicians.