Dr. Michael Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

• 4 reviews

February 9th, 2013
Never again
I don t usually write reviews, especially not for bad experiences. But this is about medical care and as a student in medical school, I have to write this. I was very sick when I was younger, but have been healthy for 10 years now. But, over the past week, I noticed some symptoms similar to when I was very sick and got freaked out. I immediately made a Saturday appointment to get a full check up and make sure I was okay. I usually see another doctor, but since it was such short notice I ended up seeing Dr. Gilbert. He was so rude! Probably the rudest doctor I have ever been seen by. I asked him to fill out some immunization forms for school, and he was annoyed about it. He shook his head at me and said, "I thought you were only here for a check up." Then, I asked him for a blood draw just to make sure I was completely okay, and he sarcastically asked me, "Is there anything else you need?" At the end of the appointment, he just walked out! He made me feel stupid for worrying about my health. I told him that I was very sick when I was younger and I want to make sure that doesn't happen again, but he didn't care one bit. He acted like he was doing me a favor by seeing me. Isn't that his job? Isn t he getting paid? After today, I promised myself that I will never become a doctor like him. Side note about the staff: they're all very nice and helpful. This rating is 2 stars only because of them.

February 13th, 2012
Did not like this Dr.
About 10 years ago he was my kids dr. I switched as soon as possible. Very poor bedside manner!!

October 7th, 2011
I begun going to Dr.Gilbert when I was just a baby. I am 24 now and still go to Dr.Gilbert. He is the most caring doctor, and does his job simply cause he loves it. I will continue to go to until I can't anymore. I highly recommend him for any new patients

November 17th, 2009
My children are 28,25,and 20. Dr. Gilbert is the only doctor my children saw during their entire childhood. In fact my son went to him until he was almost 20 years old. My children thought of him as part of our family. We enjoyed his sense of humor along with his thoughtful, thorough examinations and diagnosis. The office staff is wonderful and they can always fit you in when your child is sick. Dr. Gilbert is an icon in Rochester and you couldn't choose a better pediatrician for your family.