Surgeon
3900 Junius St
Ste 220
Dallas, TX 75246
214-826-7300
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellence  |  show details
by Nancy Clark on Jan 17th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Grant for three years. He is the most caring compassionate Dr. I have ever been to. He has been my surgeon through cancer, basically he saved my life and I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a Dr. for problem concerning the breast. I thank God everday for him!!!

|  Eases my concersn  |  show details
by Carolyn A on Jul 11th, 2013

I had an non-malignant lymph node that was larger than normal and couldn't get the answers I needed to feel comfortable. My partner an OR nurse and my doctor said let's get you in to see Dr. Grant. He didn't speak down to me, but he explained things that made it easy to understand what it was that was going on. He wanted to watch the lymph node and when it started growing again, he said let's just take it out and then we don't need to worry about it as it could turn into cancer. So we had the surgery to remove that lymph node. Then one year later in the other breast I was diagnosed with DCIS breast cancer. I couldn't have had a better doctor. I felt comfortable with him. He explained things to me where I could understand. My partner who has worked with him says that when he does surgery, he is so conscientious about how the breast looks after surgery as much as he is about getting all the cancer out. He doesn't want you to feel uncomfortable about how you look after the surgery. He has the whole of you he is concerned with -- not just getting the cancer out.

Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Grant was the worst doctor I have ever experienced. He performed a mastectomy for breast cancer and told me he got it all and I didn't need any more treatment. He did not get it all and I had a reoccurrence 1 year later. I saw him and he lied about my pathology report to hide the fact that it stated that I had positive margins after my surgery. Stay Away!! He gets zero stars in my book. I had to have chemotherapy and have my ovaries removed after the reoccurrence and I would have only needed radiation therapy if he had read my pathology report after my mastectomy. He is a disgrace to his profession.

|  Great Dr.  |  show details
by Nell Maxine Watson on May 31st, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Grant, absolutely, He was my Dr. for 5 years and he was so wonderful and pleasant. I was in the Breast Cancer Research program (Star) and my experience of hopefully helping others was a Blessing. I appreciate Dr. Grant and his work in Breast Cancer Research and cure.

|  unfavorable review  |  show details
by Diane T on May 6th, 2013

I find it very bizarre that a few months ago I wrote an unfavorable review of Dr. Grant. My review stayed up for about two weeks and then disappeared. I find him short, to the point of being rude. He asks if I have questions, and then when I ask something, he will say, "Now, why would you need to know that?" or "You'd have to have a medical degree to understand the answer to that." I'm glad that he is not the only good breast surgeon around!

Jan 20th, 2013

Went to him because I have a family history of Breast Cancer. I heard that a breast MRI can be helpful in finding cancer early. He refused to do one. Consequently, I went somewhere else and got a breast MRI. Very hateful man!

|  8 year survivor  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

simply the best. amazing person and an amazing physician as well....

Oct 5th, 2012

I have no doubt that Dr. Grant is a true expert in his field. I KNOW that he knows what he is doing, and I KNOW that, under his care, I am receiving the best of care. However, I always feel rushed when I am in his office. He doesn't seem to want to answer my questions. Sometimes he says in answer, "That doesn't matter...all you need to know is..." After my recent surgery, my family also felt that he was in a rush to get away from them. All in all, I find him intimidating. I did appreciate how many times he visited me while I was in the hospital. Immediately before surgery, he was very nice and used his best bedside manner.

Sep 11th, 2012

When Dr Grant comes into the examining room, he greets me a handshake which tells me I'm a person not just patient #xx. Knowing he is a practiing Christian gives me a sense of peace. I believe he must pray for each of his patients. Would I recommend him to a family member or my best friend? You better belive I will. Thank you Dr Grant for your professional knowledge AND for your caring heart.

|  DR Grant  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr Grant saved my life 4 years ago and continues to he is rated the TOP surgeon in Dallas . He is compassionate , caring , professional, and is the captain of your team and will stop at nothing to help you. He has proven that to me and many, many others that HE IS THE BEST around . I would recommend him to anyone that has breast cancer and wants the job done right the first time ! Dr Grant is a class act . Thank you Dr Grant for saving my life. JaneprinceIscaro

|  Half the battle is won that's how l felt after my first appointment with Dr Grant  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

If you are ready this it's probably because you have just been diagnosed with breat cancer. The shock, fear. disbeleive will ease after your first appointment with Dr Grant his skills his knowledge his ability to be understanding his this is what we need to do now, then we will know what our are options are. You will never have a moments doubt that this Dr is the right one.You will still be afraid but will go away now l am not alone we will do this.

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr Grant saved my wife's life 17 years ago. His candor and expertise was exactly what we needed at a very dark time in our lives. My wife was 39 and her cancer was found on her first mammogram and was Stage 2. Dr Grant and his team went into action and my wife had 2 surgeries in 2 weeks. I do not know what we would have done without Dr Grant and he will always have our undying support and gratitude.

|  My experience with Dr. Grant  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

Recently Dr. Grant performed surgery on my right breast to remove cancer detected by a sonongram and biopsy. My faith is very strong and important to me. I appreciated Dr. Grant praying for me after my first visit to his office. I told him I have heard he will pray for you if you want him to. I have not experienced any problems with him at all. He has a tremdous bed side manner and he does care about his patients. He provided so much information regarding my type of cancer and allowed me to choose what direction I wanted to take. He is very thorough and seriously upfront to help guide me through such a shocking diagnosis. After my surgery he came into my room and looked at me with a caring heart. After every appointment he takes my hands in his and shows compassion. How can you beat using the best breast surgeon who cares about your very best. His staff is also wonderful!

|  Dr. Michael Grant is the best in his field.  |  show details
by Monica Bell on Mar 10th, 2011

I was diagnosed with beginning stage breast cancer (non-invasive) 8 years ago. I live about 2 hours away from Dallas, and it was WELL worth the trip to see him. His expertise and thorough review of my case was a blessing from God. I honestly think that if I had not gone to him I would not be alive today. I have a strong family history of breast cancer, and if I had chosen to be treated locally in my area, my treatment would have been delayed. Dr. Grant and the Breast Imaging Center at Baylor are excellent and I would stake my life on it. God Bless You Dr. Grant and your staff.

|  The best oncology surgeon  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Dr. Grant is a no nonsense doctor. He carefully analyzes your case and lets you know exactly what you're facing. I immediately felt confident in his care. He doesn't sugar coat anything -- and lets you know that he will take care of your situation. Most of all, I felt respected and treated with dignity. His entire staff has been wonderful. No matter what happens, I know I have the best care available.

|  Dr. Grant-excellent and a God-send  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2010

Dr. Grant was a god-send in my life. When I was told in 2000 that I had breast cancer my life turned upside down. I didn't know what to do and after two visits with other doctors I was informed that I should see Dr. Grant. I live 7 hours from Dallas but made the trip anyway and I have never regretted that decision. He treats each person with kindness and takes time to explain exactly what needs to be done. I am alive and well because of God's grace and because of Dr. Grant and his God given skills and talents. May I also add that his staff is awesome and I have never been treated with such care and respect by any other medical staff. My rating for Dr. Michael Grant is a 10 ! Brenda Boucher, Victoria, Texas

by Suzanne on Mar 31st, 2010

I couldn't believe my diagnosis. Literally didn't want to accept it. Dr. Grant was so patient and so kind and truly helped me realize the seriousness of this little tumor I had. Every test, every procedure, every surgery-all exlained to me. Dr. Grant even held my hand just before surgery and listened kindly while I prayed. I love him and his staff and will never forget my experience!

Mar 10th, 2010

Dr. Grant seems to be very knowledgeable in his field; however, he refused to do sonograms along with Mammograms. After having over a dozen lumps in my breast before developing cancer, none had ever been seen on a mammogram; either I had found them or the Dr. found them during the exam. I feel like I am only getting a partial exam and always left feeling as if I didn't know if there was a concern or not. Also, there are lumps in my other breast that he is "watching". With a history of breast cancer, I prefer not to watch until they turn into cancer but have them removed. Dr. Grant does not want to remove them which is fine to watch them if you don't have a history of breast cancer but if you do; I feel they should be removed.

|  Rude staff  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2010

Had appointment for a 2nd opinion with Dr. Grant. Had several conversations with the staff prior to the appointment. Upon arrival we were ask for pathology slides, something that was never mentioned in our conversations with the staff and a first for any of the numerous doctors we have visited through this journey with breast cancer. The staff informed us that the pathology report we had was not good enough and that meeting with me would be a waste of their time. The very rude staff offered to set up an appointment for one week later for their office to do a new biopsy. This doctor and his staff are clearly more focused on their bottom line than on the best interest of the patient. Steer clear of this one.

|  An excellent doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2009

Dr. Grant was my surgeon for the breast cancer that was discovered in 1999. He was highly recommended by friends and family. Through the years, I have found him to be pleasant, caring and highly professional. He's helped me to become a survivor for nearly 10 years now!

|  Very Professional-Highly recommend  |  show details
by Cindy D. Lewisville, TX on May 4th, 2008

Although a bit cocky....I LIKE that in a Dr...Dr. Grant is thorough and very professional. When faced with breast cancer, he stayed until all my questions were answered...I NEVER felt rushed or that I had a dumb question. (I left at 6:30 PM after my 3:00 PM appt. due to all the questions I had. He did continue to see patients and would stop back in, answer more questions...give more literature...return to other patients...back to answer more questions. I never felt rushed.) Just cut around the nipple, no ugly scars...BEAUTIFUL job!