A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael O'Brien, General Orthopaedics, Knee Arthroscopy, Joint Replacement is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael O'Brien, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. O'Brien has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Covington
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County
- Saint Elizabeth Medical Center - South
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael D. O'Brien MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 37 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael D. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. Michael O'Brien has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael O'Brien practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Edgewood, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Southgate, KY.