Dr. Michael Smith MD Patient Reviews

October 5th, 2015
He is a good doctor.

September 24th, 2013
Bad doctor, terrible Human being
horrible doctor, after sitting in his office naked for 90 mins he comes in and I ask why I had to sit down there for 90mins and he kicks me out of his office knowing how much pain i was in. Bad doctor, terrible human being.

September 12th, 2013
Great Communication and listener!!
Dr. Michael Smith is THE BEST Orthopedic Surgeon in Los Angeles, CA .area...I had a severely torn meniscus and I am very pleased with the results !!! I had been looking for an orthopedic surgeon that put in the extra effort to make me feel valued and important and I finally found it!! He is very patient, he spends as much time as you need to tell him what and how you are feeling. His office staff is attentive, professional and very pleasant. I highly recommend Dr. Michael Smith!! I have nothing but positive compliments regarding his expertise!! I will be having surgery on my other knee because I have a torn menicus in that one too and would go to NO other orthopedic surgeon

April 12th, 2013
does NOT keep track of visit
Stay away from this doctor i don't know how he keeps his files in order now for his BIG MISTAKE is causing me delay for my medical treatment from others doctor

November 11th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Michael Smith for over 15 years. He has always been professional, caring, and attentive.

March 27th, 2012
Great Doctor, professional staff
i went to Dr. Smith for a knee arthroscopy. He has an excellent bedside manner and is a gifted surgeon. His office staff is top knotch and caring. Wait time each visit not more than 10 minutes. Don't know why other reviews were not great. My knee is perfect, no issues and I think Dr. Smith is a very good doctor and surgeon.
Doctor's Response

Thank you. We at Dr. Smith's office try very hard to listen and respond to our patients. We hope that everyone has a positive experience at the office.

July 19th, 2011
awful
Unprofessional. Avoid!
Doctor's Response

We wish that you had been more specific so that we may address any issues.

March 15th, 2011
AVOID THIS DOCTOR
Terrible experience with follow up and professionalism of this office. Doctor spent 5 minutes with me, sheduled then cancelled surgery 3 times. After the last appointment said surgery would be in the next month and to wait for the date. Even though I called every month I never got a date. EVER. I recently requested some information and was ignored. After a week I called in I was told I could not get the information because I had not been in recently. ??? I sent a self addressed stamped envelope. They could have at least sent me the paperwork back or called and said they could not fill it out SOMETHING! AVOID this dictor unless you want to be ignored and mistreated.
Doctor's Response

We are so sorry that you had this experience. We try very hard to cater to our patients and make sure that they have a positive experience here. We are proud of our professionalism and the quality of the surgery that Dr. Smith performs.

July 15th, 2009
Dr.Michael Smith, an excellent physician and surgeon
I went to Dr. Smith for a pulled ham string about 9 years ago, and again 2 years ago for my knee. He is an amazing diagnostician, his office staff is very professional, he has an x-ray machine in the office and a physical therapist with all the latest equipment. I had an excellent outcome. He spent time with me answering my questions.He is straight forward yet kind and he listens. I would and do recommend Dr. Smith to anyone who needs an orthopaedic surgeon.

March 30th, 2017