Dr. Michael Daniel MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Okatie, SC

September 28th, 2015
Honest
If you are considering getting a VR done I highly RECOMMEND Dr. Daniel! What he says and tells you is direct and to the point. He doesn't hide anything from the cost or the procedure. The staff will explain mostly everything on the phone even before the consultation. So when you go in, there are NO Surprises and I was able to get my procedure done right after my consultation. I had only one complication during my healing time and every time I called the staff was very helpful. I even called Dr. Daniel on a Saturday and he got right back to me. Now eight weeks later and still healing so everyone is different, be patient when healing. Now we are waiting to see if the procedure work, and Dr. Daniel is very up front that it may or may not work even before you have the procedure. I appreciated his honesty instead of lying to me like other Doctors.

January 22nd, 2015
Reversal failed. Dr did not seem confident of success but let us go anyway. No-followup

November 19th, 2014
I would give this facility 6 stars if that was an option
I am writing this review as the patient and it is day 3 after my surgery. It is important to note that I have worked in healthcare for 15 years and specialize in healthcare quality and safety. This is both a good thing and a bad thing when you are the patient. I was very nervous about the procedure, given all that I know about healthcare. My experience was absolutely wonderful. The office staff were very welcoming and professional. This presented a professional image from the beginning that made me feel more confident in my choice to have my procedure at this facility. The process was very well organized, and this also made me feel more comfortable. Dr. Daniel did an exceptional job explaining the surgery to me. I was really impressed with the time he took to make sure all my questions were answered. I was made to feel as though I was the most important thing he had to do that day. He and the entire office staff were focused on me. I can’t say how impressed I was. The facility was immaculate. It was clean and sanitary. I have a very critical eye for healthcare quality and I can say that this facility is maintained to very high standards. The operating room was impressive, especially for an outpatient clinic. You really get high quality service and exceptional value for your money. I have seen many outpatient surgery centers and this one was maintained and operated better than any that I have seen. The surgery itself was painless. I followed all the instructions and have experienced very little pain afterwards. Dr. Daniel called me the day after the procedure to check on me and I thought that was very kind. My reversal was ten times better than my original vasectomy. Kudos to Dr. Daniel and his staff. I read another comment about Dr. Daniel not being a touchy/feely doctor. I experienced the opposite of this. He has a great sense of humor and that helps to soften the conversation. I don’t want a surgeon to come into my room and deliver joke after joke. I want to know that my surgeon is competent and experienced. This was a very serious procedure to me, and Dr. Daniel presented himself as the medical professional I was looking for. I would recommend Dr. Daniel and this facility for your reversal without any hesitation. I would give this facility 6 stars if that was an option.

October 15th, 2014
So glad that we chose Dr. Daniel
My husband had a vasectomy performed 10 years ago when we thought we were done having children. You never know how your feelings will change in the future and we decided that we were not a complete family after several years. I did a lot of research into vasectomy reversals and was amazed to learn that quite a few of the doctors who do this procedure are not even urologists. There is one doctor who was trained as an orthopedic surgeon, another that was formerly a thoracic surgeon, and several that were gynecologists. I cannot understand why someone who wants to have a reversal would go to a doctor that is not a board certified urologist. That's like asking an orthopedic surgeon to do a heart transplant or a thoracic surgeon to remove a brain tumor. Why would you do that? I also discovered after questioning these other various doctors that some do not repair both sides and quite a few do not own a surgical microscope. We chose Dr. Daniel because he does do both sides and he owns his own surgical microscope. I felt that both of these were important for guaranteeing success and they did. I am now 6 months pregnant! My husband and I were so impressed with Dr. Daniel for many other reasons as well. First, he spent so much time with us prior to the procedure explaining everything to us and answering all the questions we had. He also gave us his personal cell phone number so that we could reach him if we had any questions during my husband's recovery. I was especially blown away when he personally pushed my husband's wheelchair down to the car and helped me get him in when it was time to leave. My husband told me later that Dr. Daniel even assisted him in getting dressed after the procedure. Dr. Daniel told my husband that he does not want a groggy patient hurting himself while trying to put his pants on after surgery. We couldn't have been more pleased with the whole experience!

August 4th, 2014
Great experience!
We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Dr. Daniel was very warm and friendly and so was his staff. He explained everything prior to surgery and gave us his cell phone number if any problems or questions arose afterwards. The procedure went well and my husband's recovery was uneventful. I found out that I was pregnant just 3 months after my husband;s reversal. So excited to be adding to our family!

April 24th, 2014
Success
My husband and I did a lot of research before choosing Dr. Daniel for my husband's vasectomy reversal. He is one of the only doctors performing this procedure that (1) is a board certified urologist and (2) has had more extensive training in microsurgical vasectomy reversals than most of the others. We are so glad that we went to Carolina Vasectomy Reversal to have the surgery done. Dr. Daniel was so caring and thorough and we are thrilled to say that my husband's reversal was a huge success. It took only a few months after the reversal before we found out that we are pregnant! Thank yo so much for giving us this gift!

January 29th, 2014
Interesting Dr. Daniel "argues" with online comments.
The other interesting thing is I've never seen other physicians do such a thing. I suppose when all one days are a few vasectomy reversals a day/week that affords one the time to troll the net and defend ones self. Another person maybe on to something as well because, oddly enough he gets a few negative comments then suddenly positive ones just "pop up". I have heard of practices where they beg you to leave positive feedback, so maybe that's the deal???!!!

January 20th, 2014
Blessed to find Dr. Daniel
My husband and I are thrilled that we found Dr. Daniel to do my husband's reversal. Dr. Daniel was wonderful about answering all of our questions and the procedure went very well. My husband said that it was easier then his vasectomy. Dr. Daniel pushed my husband's wheelchair down to our car himself and gave us his personal cell phone in case my husband experienced any problems, which he didn't. Happy to report that I am now 8 weeks pregnant!

January 19th, 2014
Very Happy!!!
My wife and I had an awesome experience at Dr.Daniels office. He is a very personable and caring Doctor.. My husbands reversal after a 12 year vasectomy was a success. We got pregnant 9 months post reversal. our baby girl is 2 y/o now, she is AWESOME!!! We don't now what we would have done without her. She brings us so much joy in our lives. Thank You Dr. Daniels Your the Best!!

December 26th, 2013
Thankful for past reviews!!!
Thanks to the information within these reviews I checked everything out myself and am very thankful!!! There are currently two against him, considering those facts it would lead me to wonder how many times he's done so and not been caught?? It could have been never or it could be multiple times, only he and our Good Lord truly knows!!!! I find it interesting a good number of these complaints are all along the issues. The fact that former patients complain about the lack of promptness in getting records and them not being complete would lead me to wonder what he may OR may not be hiding? If nothing, why hold past records from those wanting to move on? Dr. Daniel responds to a past review stating the patient must be mistaken as he only does reversals, interesting because there's also a review/complaint where a former patient showed up for his yearly visit only to find out Dr. Daniel no longer would be treating him. That complaint in of itself clearly shows that maybe currently all he performs are reversals, but there certainly had to be a time in which at some point in the past did perform other services!!!! According to the reviewer he'd been seeing this physician for 10 years, again proof reversals aren't the only thing he has done in the past. He can self prescribe pain meds for himself but patients he has performed procedures on, he with holds them?? Very interesting and such a caring physician!! NOT! Thank you so very much to the honest and concerned patient who left the information about the medical board, it certainly made me find another to perform my reversal.

October 26th, 2013
Best Doctor I have ever visited
We saw Dr. Daniel for a vasectomy reversal. He spent a lomg time explaining everything too us. My husband said he did. Not feel anything. He thought the two hours was about two minutes. He had very little pain and swelling afterward. We are so excited!! We found out we were pregnant last week. It has neen less than 3 months since his procedure!!!!!

October 22nd, 2013
wow; Dr Daniels has brilliantly hired Reputation.com to counter his poor reviews
I posted a negative review recently re: Dr Daniels and amazingly some positive reviews popped up to counter it! In the meantime we went fo a reputable urologist in Charlotte who informed us that he has redone 24 vasectomy reversal patients of Dr Daniels who had ZERO sperm following failed vasectomy reversals. Not only that, but that he has NEVERseen Dr Daniels do a VE on a patient (something Dr Daniels claims to know how to do and do when necessary) and that he cuts and pastes surgical reports. I wish I had the nerve to professionally take advantage of people like Dr Daniels. Maybe then I could have afforded a better fertility doctor.