Dr. Michael Demauro MD, FAAP Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017
Quality care always given
I've used Dr. DeMauro with all three of my children. One of them is a special needs child. Dr. DeMauro is the one that identified the signs and got us the help we needed. I wouldn't see anyone else.

August 15th, 2016
He is an amazing pediatrician. He was my pediatrician when I was little now he is my daughter's.

October 14th, 2015
My only regret, is I didn't have him throughout their whole childhood.

April 7th, 2015
Awful Doctor
Dr. Demauro is not our regular doctor, but we had to see him because my 1yr old daughter was ill. I never have had to wait long at this practice with our normal doctor, but with this guy, we waited well over an hour and a half. He came into the room and did not apologize, but instead immediately told me to hold her upright and still so he could listen to her... No bedside manner at all and not to mention he was rude. This was my daughters FIRST sick visit and I was very disappointed with how he handled things. I spoke with the nurse who helped more than he did.. my recommendation is for anyone who is able to - DO NOT see him.

July 23rd, 2013
Doesnt care
I was recommended to Pooler Pediatrics when I had my son by one of the nurses in the hospital. She specifically recommended Dr. Demauro. At first my husband and I were very upset to have to bring my son in twice in the first couple of weeks because he lost some weight in the hospital. This was during flu season and they made us wait longer than a 5 day old should wait. Then his 2 month and 4 month old shots came and Dr. Demauro never recognized us. Each time he would make the same joke about "red necks" and never acknowledged that he even remembered us. Also each time we had to wait at least an hour to see him. In fact for his 4 month appt. we had to wait for 2 hours after being called back to the room. Today was his 6 month check up and shots. They gave him the shots before the wellness visit. So, I had to calm a screaming baby down for 45 minutes after receiving shots while waiting for him to come and spend maybe 5 minutes with us. He then basically lectured me and made me feel like a horrible mom because I wasnt okay with moving my son to his own room yet. I left in tears. I dont understand how he could tell me my baby was perfect and then berate me all in five minutes. My advice, if you just want shots and not a doctor who cares, go to this place. But if youre a mother looking for an actual relationship with your child's pediatrician then find another establishment.

February 6th, 2012
He does not try to remember your child or look at previous paperwork. The last three appts he did not even come into the room until over an hour after the nurse had seen us. He did not apologize for this lateness but instead made jokes. I am not a huge fan of this doctor so we switched.

September 5th, 2016