Dr. Michael Devito MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 14 reviews

June 15th, 2016
Went to this Dr Devito a few years back, had problem with my nose. Dr Devito looked very quickly up nose and diagnosed me as a Cocaine user, refusing to help me any further. I first thought he was joking, however he was very serious. Since I have never done illegal drugs of any kind, I have lived with a serious condition refusing to ever go to another ENT. Just this past month I couldn"t stand my condition any longer and went to a ENT in Glens Falls, thank god I did. Surgery was needed as well as Sleep Apnea testing. Please do not go to Dr Devito he is a very rude insulting individual. Waste of time and money.

October 26th, 2015
RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
I was able to quickly get in to see him and now I understand why. This was by far the most rude and unprofessional doctor I have ever met! He is loud and obnoxious as well as sarcastic. If I had read the reviews on here first, I never would have met with him. The people that gave him negative reviews weren't exaggerating. I have NEVER met a doctor with such a horrible bedside manner. I am amazed that anyone would go back after the initial consultation. If I could give him a 0 for a rating, I would! Please find another doctor to care for you or your loved one.

October 2nd, 2015
DO NOT RECOMMEND
I agree with most of the reviews, I should have read those before I went to see Dr. De Vito with my 4 year old. He was so rude and almost yelled at her. She was freaked out and scared. He did not complete his check up and just brushed us off. I would NOT recommend this guy to anyone. I cancelled my following appointment right away.

December 16th, 2014
Quite a Character
This is neither slander nor libel; this is the truth about this "doctor:" he's the rudest human being I've ever met. Seriously, I feel bad for those who work with this man everyday. It's not the volume of his voice, it's the indecency of it. First, I come in with a serious concern and start to explain my symptoms, and this guy starts screaming, "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?." Excuse me, but if I knew, would I be in you're office? Next, when he finally gets around to performing his job, this guy has the audacity to call my condition a joke. A TRICK, straight to my face while laughing. I tried very hard not to appease his wicked sense of humor, but I was a coward and laughed with him. I should've told him off. I should've asked him how he did his trick; that is, how he managed to form more chins than a Chinese phonebook on his pudgy, satanic face. No medical explanation, just a whiff of the hand and off I go. Do not enter the lair of this sadist fiend; he has neither empathy nor sympathy for his patients.

June 25th, 2014
I highly recommend Dr. Devito, very professional, spent time with me explaining everything to me before the operation. May me feel at ease at my appointment. Made an accurate diagnosis.. He attends to being a little loud but my family is loud so to me it made me feel very comfortable.

April 24th, 2014
Daughter of patient
I attended an appointment with my 84 year old mom, who was experciencing dizziness. This doctor walked in very loud and rude, and even nasty to her her. Did not listen and was in a complete rush to get her out of the office.. After a hearing test was done, was very rough having her get on a small table to do another test. I felt terrible to watch Mom as she laid there while he maneuvered her head, very roughly.. I personally could not wait to leave his office he, did not help her or diagnose or recommend a thing, pretty much told her it was all in head mind.. or her balance was off... total bull, and he should be ashamed of himself along, with never being able to practice medicine.. I am reporting him to the insurance company . He was a total jerk!!!!!!!

August 28th, 2013
RUDE
Dr DeVito was the rudest,most arrogant and non-compassionate Dr I have ever met.No wonder it was so fast getting an appointment with him,no doubt no one wants to go to him!!!

January 27th, 2013
Most arrogant Dr. He talked over me when I was trying to explain my problem. Very arrogant and quick. I went for a sinus problem and he asked if I had been allergy tested. I said no and he sharply said, "why not?" He looked in my nose for 2 seconds and said it was allergies and to go to an allergist. I was so upset when I left. I waited an hour to see him and he saw me for less than 5 minutes. Guess he didn't think my problem was serious enough to waste HIS time.

August 1st, 2012
Trusted, thorough doctor
I truly enjoy being seen by Dr. Devito. He is straight-forward, honest, and strives to get the diagnosis right...he won't rush to judgement or treatment. He answers any questions I have, and I feel both he and the staff are there for me. Most, and hopefully telling of all, I trust him.

January 4th, 2012
Disappointed
Dr. Devito responded sarcastically to my questions, made no effort to diagnose the issues I came in with (even though they are clearly articulated on the cap. region otolaryngology website as something the company addresses), and when trying to get information on how I should proceed after our visit, he gave vague, apathetic feedback. Both my time and money were wasted and none of my problems were resolved. I would not recommend this doctor.

June 17th, 2011
VERY THOUGHTFUL AND ACCEPTING OF YOUR CONCERNS

September 10th, 2010
staff
I felt like the staff was very unprofessional,and rude the entire time i delt with them. I'm never sick, and the one time i go in because i thought i might have had a tumor, and the staff made me feel as if i was inconvietsing them at all times, not to mention i had to call them 4 times for my results. i was so scared and upset! i would never in a million yeas recommend that place to my worst enemy.