Overall Review

October 17th, 2016
Mrs
He really takes his time and he found out things about my child that other doctors failed to notice. You can tell he really like children and tries very hard to put them at ease. He is one of the only doctors who listened to me and agreed my daughter is very sick and didn't push his ideas on me he listened to me as a mother!

September 21st, 2015
he is great with patient but rude to parent. Ask questions and cuts parent off frequently in mid sentence. Comes off as rude sometimes. But honest when it comes to my kid he is Excellent.

September 7th, 2015
Great people...nobody better...

February 5th, 2015
Terrible experience, will not go back. Waited 45 min in lobby every visit, and one visit I was at the office with my newborn for 3 hours! Then the doctor prescribed meds that our cardiologist said was unnecessary. When I tried to switch doctors, they gave me the run around about the release I turned in. My sons circ was also done by this doctor and even after I repeatedly asked about it, he said it was fine. When I saw a urologist, he confirmed that it had not been done correctly. Very angry!

August 5th, 2014
If it hadn't been for my son back in the late 1999's, my son would have died. In fact he did die in his fathers arms once. He helped Cole a lot and his bed side manner was great. Cole loved him. He is very thorough and my son grew out of his illness and allergies. In fact he will be 16 in February. He was the first doctor to treat him like a person instead of number. He fantastic! He explained everything in depth to where we could understand it.

July 27th, 2014
If I would give a negative star rating, I would. He is the most dangerous doctor I have ever met. You are putting your child's health at risk by seeing him. Your child will leave the appointment with tons of unnecessary blood work and prescriptions. Please do not take your child to him!

April 4th, 2014
He's the reason I still have my daughter with me today
We've had a very long road when it comes to my daughter's health. She kept getting worse, systems shutting down mysteriously overnight with no clear cause. He went above and beyond trying to figure it out. When he was unsure where to look next, he was upfront about it - referred us to the right people - helped us get a much coveted appointment for genetic testing. Despite the rarity of the particular illness he suspected - he was spot on! Finally we had a diagnosis, a treatment plan, an answer. Though the condition is fatal, it is also very misunderstood by the medical community as a whole and when the diagnosis was confirmed with genetic sequencing, we lost many docs due to that fact. So many refused to even try to help - saw it as a lost cause. But not him. He stayed on - made no promises other than the fact that he will always be there with us to try. Despite what seemed to be insurmountable odds, we have managed to keep my daughter not only alive but thriving beyond anyone's expectations. The only specialists for this particular disease located in Georgia have told us several times that we are beyond blessed to have him in our lives - that the only reason she is still alive is because of the impeccable care and devotion he has shown to her and our familial involvement. I believe that to be very true. I have witnessed first hand my daughter recover from an 'unrecoverable' septicemia in her central lines - all thanks to a treatment regimen developed under his care. I have had this man drop everything and literally come running when my daughter has gone into crisis mode - regardless of the day of week, time of day, or our inpatient vs outpatient status. He and his staff are truly like family. You can trust me on this, if you are faced with a life or death situation with your child, THIS is the doctor you want to be standing next to you. Those who have had bedside manner issues with him need to look in the mirror as the only people I have ever heard him butt heads with are the ones who have come to him for answers, do not follow instructions, and then come back in demanding to be seen instantly because shock of all shocks their kid is no better. If you do right by your kids, you will have no troubles. For those that say he runs too many tests, etc...it is because he is a physician dedicated to the unusual and rare. If it were something basic, it would have already been treated. If you were referred to him, the basics and simple fixes have already been tried and failed by the referring physician. Keep that in mind. Check your insurance before you schedule the tests. This is not your doctor's responsibility to do - you are the parent. As for the medication prescribing, in our experience, it has been nothing short of exemplary. The attention to detail, the awareness of contraindications and side effects, the never-ending adjustment based on varying absorption issues, the monitoring of trough levels and inquiries of effectiveness have been impeccable. If a med is not working, I say something & we try something new when needed. Not every med works for every child. Oftentimes trial and error is necessary but none of it works without 2 way communication. For me, communication between staff and myself in this regard has never been an issue. I have never before had a doc who treated not only my daughter, but all of us in the family, with such a degree of respect, courtesy, and compassion as he has. As for his staff, they have become some of my daughter's best friends! They all go out of their way to accommodate her needs when there. They even think of her when she's not there, making her crafts and trinkets to help brighten her day. They call just to 'check in' when we haven't had to be in for an appointment simply because they care. I'm well aware of what a rarity it is to find such kindness in both the doc and the staff. We are now and will forever be beyond grateful for his presence in our lives - he's our superhero in so many ways. We can never thank him enough!

March 21st, 2014
Dedicated in going above and beyond
Dr.Mike D. has excellent critical assessment skills and ability to accurately diagnose is truly a gift that many doctors do not have. If you want proficient and truly dedicated then you want him. He is indeed "different" but if you can see pass that, know he will exceed your expectations.

September 5th, 2011
terrible doctor
This doctor prescribed so many medications that did not work. We always had to get a second opinion because his advice on feeding did not work. Our baby was on a feeding tube and this doctor just wasn't helping her. We changed doctors and the new doctor helped her get off her feeding tube and she is now a normal child.

August 3rd, 2011
Great Doctor and a very busy one. I met him 15 yrs ago when he help us with a sick child and he has been my kids doctor since. He diagnosed my sons bad kidney right away by ordering the right tests for the symptoms he was experiencing. Great Doctor!

July 31st, 2011
Beware
Watch out for this guy. He has a God complex that is bizarre. We were there for a check up and he wrote two prescriptions for breathing treatments; when I ask "what for?", he gets nasty and says "because he has a severe allergy to dust". And he knows this HOW?? This guy is crackers!!! And to the poor child in the waiting room who had such delayed reactions to everything and acted like a robot and every five minutes walked over and put his head in his fathers lap and cried; I hope your parents wise up and get you a different doctor, this guy is severely over-medicating and limiting you!!I also think the bubble blowing receptionist added such professional charm!!!

February 1st, 2011
We have had Dr. Mike for our kids now for almost 20 years. He is the best. Our daughter had a hard time accepting that she is now too old to be seen by him. He gave her a great referral His care with our son is amazing. We have 5 more years with him and his great staff, but we have friends for life.