Dr. Michael Djernes MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 11 reviews

September 8th, 2016
How a Doctor should be!
My Mother recently visited Dr. Djernes for the first time regarding her tremors. She was nervous and it took a few months of talking her into going to her appointment. Dr. Djernes and his staff were unbelievably wonderful! They were kind and calming and thorough and made her feel very welcome. She couldn't say enough positive things about Dr. Djernes and is so happy and relieved to have such a trusted professional that she can rely on for her condition. And from her daughter- thank you for making my Mom feel at ease and taking such fantastic care of her. Yes I absolutely would recommend this incredible Doctor to anyone with neurological issues.

June 28th, 2016
Not very committed to helping with your condition.
Dr. Djernes has a personality that you either like or dislike. He appeared very unwilling to treat my son unless they were major event symptoms. His constant grin became very annoying, specially when his only answers were to get more MRI's or more blood tests. They say that body language is 70% of our communication. His body language is always telling me "Whatever" and you choose, when in fact he is the Doctor and should know more about the choices than I do. Not happy with him at all.

December 18th, 2015
Doctor Djernes, He is the Best Doctor I have found in treating my M.S. He is nice to talk with and he lets you understand things and does not talk down too you I always stay with Dr Djernes as my Doctor for the next years of my life :)

May 12th, 2015
A dedicated, professional compassionate physician.

April 16th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Djernes for over 20 yrs (half my life). I highly recommend him. He has always been very knowledgeable and understanding. I saw 3 neurologists prior to him and did not like any of them. Once I saw him, I have never felt the need to go anywhere else. In fact, even when I lived in a different state for several yrs., I still returned to see him semi-annually as I didn't trust my care with any out of state doctors. Some of my family members see him now based on my recommendation. He is not just knowledgeable but is very kind...which I have personally found to be a rarity with many specialists in similar fields.

October 30th, 2013
He and his staff are very uncaring...
Staff is extremely rude, he talks to his patient like they are a child and couldn't possibly understand what he is saying. Does not listen to his patients concerns. Writes out the Rx and never follows up or offers a solution if meds don't agree with the patient. Very annoying bedside manner.

August 30th, 2013
Dr. Djernes was not really interested in helping me. He was more interested in talking, not listening. He answered questions with vague, meaningless prattle that had nothing to do with my question. He talked down to me as if I was a child. He was obvious in his haste to get me processed and out of the way. I was not helped at all, and I was not impressed.

July 3rd, 2013
Wonderful doctor
He is one of the smartest and nicest doctors I know. He took care of my mom who has dementia. He spent a lot of time with the family and my mom explaining what was happening to her. He was thorough and I love how he uses the whiteboard to help a person to understand. He sat with my mom face to face and was kind and caring. Great Doctor. I will recommend to anyone.

May 16th, 2013
Very poor diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis and treatment of my mother was not only WORTHLESS, it lacked any effort, thought or urgency. We took her to neurologist at Virginia Mason in Seattle, and the proper tests were ordered and she diagnosed immediately. Time spent visiting this Dr. was a waste of time.

October 28th, 2011
not given enough information
Too brief and not enough explanation.

June 3rd, 2010
I have been seeing Dr. Djernes for 7 years. He is a wonderful, caring and compassionate doctor. I have an unusual condition that he was able to diagnois and then treat. The medications that he has given me have given me back my life. One note for new patients is that Dr. Djernes is a very tall man. This may intimidate you at first, but he always sits down and is very gentle (a gentle giant). He also always explains everything by writing on a white board to make sure you understand. I highly recommend him.