Dr. Michael Dolphin DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2017
Excellent experience
I had Cervical Fusion on C5-C6 and C6-C7 discs - bulging discs - I had a constant pain in my wrist, elbow and shoulder blade - tingling in my left arm that would feel like it was asleep for 10 minutes at a time and numbness in my fingers. This went on for 2 years and I finally decided I had enough when driving in a car for 6 hours made it unbearable pain and unable to sleep for days. Went to Dr. Dolphin from a recommendation from my general doctor and from reading reviews (like this one). It has been 5 weeks since my surgery and I feel great no pain, no tingling and have full functionality in my arm. The surgery was about two hours, had no pain after just soreness - went extremely well. The incision was small and my friends don't either know it's there. Dr Dolphin was amazing, how will walk you through every step with ease. An expentional surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone - this includes his staff! Best decision I have ever made!!

January 11th, 2017
Very Very Good Doctor and Team
I had herniated a disc in my neck at work and Dr.Dolphin and his team are extremely nice and compassionate. What struck me first was that Dr. Dolphin wanted to try conservative treatment first( physical therapy, epidural injections), that was one of the things that I liked best, the open and honest truth. I trust Dr. Dolphin and his team 100% have never had an issue with scheduling. I had a 1 level acdf done C-5&C-6. The explanation of possible dangers and possible positive outcomes were detailed and all questions that myself and my wife had were answered truthfully, How do I know they were being truthful? Everything they said may happen on the positive side has happened and the follow up treatment is going just as they said it would go. I would 100% recommend Dr. Dolphin for neck or spine issues and would also recommend plaza physical therapy as well, as it is tailored to the specific individual via physical therapist and the doctor so each individual is not the same as the next

December 9th, 2016
Highly Satisfied Patient
I had a microdiscectomy. I had been having a lot of pain in my right leg. Since the surgery 99% of the time I am pain free. This is at 9 days after surgery. I expected a lot more pain than I have been having. I quit prescription pain meds after 4 days. Dr Dolphin took a lot of time to explain the procedure , what to expect, recovery time, etc. Dr. Dolphin and his staff answered my questions anytime I called. Nurse called day after surgery, doctor called 2nd day after surgery. Everyone I had contact with, office, operating room and points in between was very friendly, knowledgeable and concerned about how I was doing.

November 10th, 2016
Totally satisfied
First of all, his staff is so friendly and helpful. This makes for a positive experience. I was in extreme pain on my first visit and they were caring and understanding. Dr. Dolphin is very friendly and answered all of my questions and concerns. I was amazed at just how quickly my pain disappeared. As I woke up in the hospital bed I noticed my chronic pain was gone. Dr Dolphin was honest prior to the procedure, telling me there are no guarantees, which I understood, but I highly recommend him based on my success. I was impressed at how minimally invasive the procedure was. I had a cervical fusion and to see x rays of the plate, screws and block that were placed on/ between my vertebrae, and then see the tiny scar left from where he went in, to me is amazing. I also want to note that I was not rushed to have surgery. My initial visit consisted of Dr Dolphin explaining the course of action. I tried physical therapy which did help temporarily. The next step was a series of epidural injections. My experience with these was not favorable, but only because they didn't give me relief. The injections were not painful and I would recommend them if physical therapy doesn't work for you. Everyone's experience will be different but I'm confident I made the correct choices for my situation based on the knowledge and skills of Dr Dolphin and his staff.

November 9th, 2016
Surgery for L4 and L5
Dr. Dolphin is a 10 on a scale of 5. Another surgeon wanted to send me to a well known hospital 50 miles away from home because "it was beyond his expertise". I had a second option with Dr. Dolphin in my hometown two days later and he scheduled me for "out patient" surgery. Upon return to my home I climbed my stairs with no help. I am recommending Dr. Dolphin to all my friends and family. I even have one of my other physicians scheduled for an appointment. This was not laser surgery...It's been 7 weeks and I have no pain and I'm back to exercising and walking my dog daily. Thank you Dr. Michael Dolphin.

September 17th, 2016
Lower back
Dr and staff were very compassionate and caring. I am obese and usually when i go to my regular family dr he stresses that all my lower back probs are due to obesity. So i was ready for the same speech. No such thing! After 30 yrs of reg chiro visits...physical therapy...pain killers....you name it dr dolphin ordered xrays and immediately seen the probs! Herniation L4-L5 then an mri, spinal stenosis S1 and 2 spurs hitting the nerve down my leg. He said childhood injuries and some genetic (same surgery for 8 family members not obese). Praise God. Someone finally listened and chked it out. Thank you thank you! Went back to work after 6 wks to a factory. Slow but sure. I still have some pain but not like i had before surgery and my legs work again! Im still doing physical therapy but i have not lost any weight. I am sure that would help but not one word about it from the dr or staff here!😷 Thank you dr dolphin and staff for listening and taking great care of me.

July 21st, 2016
Pain is gone.........Playing golf again
Dr Dolphin & his entire staff were great. Very friendly & professional. Surgery went off without a hitch & I healed more rapidly than expected. I am 76 years old & my quality of life has been restored. I feel better now than I did 5-10 years ago. I was in constant pain prior to the surgery. Now I have no pain & I can do virtually anything I want. Thanks Dr Dolphin for your healing touch.

July 5th, 2016
Truly professional and courteous care. Excellent experience throughout the process and excellent surgical results.

March 17th, 2016
Dr. Dolphin did an amazing job during the surgery. I had a fusion in the C-4 area. It was the best decision I ever made. Despite the complications that come with surgery, I would again put my trust into Dr. Dolphin and recommend anyone else to do also. The pain I was experiencing every day and having no sleep is gone or tolerable. Thank you so much Michael Dolphin, you did an excellent job and words cannot express how much I appreciate everything you have done!!!

January 29th, 2016
Dr. Dolphin, Kelsie and his nurses are the best! I Couldn't have asked for a better experience and would recommend Dr. Dolphin to anyone with back issues! He is a fantastic surgeon and gave me my life back!

January 27th, 2016
Had a great experience working with Dr. Dolphin.He and his staff were great thanks to him this is the best I have felt in 6 months I would diffently recommend him to my friends and family

July 2nd, 2015
Great surgeon. Knew what my problem was and fixed my problem.