Dr. Michael Doody MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 12th, 2016
My favorite man, besides my husband
I have read the bad reviews and I just cannot even believe it. Dr. Doody is so great. Go and see for yourself.

November 13th, 2015
Dr. Doody is great and so is his staff. After initial appointment with Dr. Doody you will be seen by the NP Andrea who is also great. He even gave me his cell phone number if my symptoms get worse.

June 23rd, 2015
Wish I found this site existed before
As a former patient, I found his office manager rude and disrespectful to patients. It didn't matter if you were there or not. After my final encounter I left the practice. I wish this site existed when I was seeing him & his PA. It may have saved me a hysterectomy at such a young age. The problem I had did have other options but after 1 Dr referred me to him, I really trusted Dr D. Once the credit card thing began it was time to exit. Glad I did too. Found a great Dr & one who has helped me adjust to a life without hormones. Dr D was wrong. There are other options. Any Dr who tells you that since you will no longer bear children your equipment it is useless. RUN!!!!!!

June 15th, 2015
great knowledgable doctor. he even gave me his cell number.

March 29th, 2014
I am grateful
I am grateful to Dr. Doody. He performed a beautiful surgery to repair my damaged tubes, uterus, and cervix. The scars are almost gone. The credit card thing threw me off a bit too. This is how i got around it... i gave a fake credit card number and then dutifully signed the paper. He is a wonderful doctor and i do have confidence that he will get me pregnant. They even can have you come in on Saturdays if that is what your cycle calls for. Dont let the bad reviews throw you off.

October 4th, 2013
At the Mercy of Health Care Industry - WAKE UP AMERICA!
The best way I can describe what happened to me, and wondering how common this UNETHICAL practice is --- For at least the last 3 years (that I know of), this medical office has been REQUIRING patients to fill out a form giving your personal credit card information BEFORE you can be seen. The form states you MUST give your credit card number or you CANNOT be seen by the doctor! What has happened to INTEGRITY in our country???? I was seen in their office yesterday, and when I questioned this practice/whether or not this is a legal practice, the receptionist checked with the office manager, and she said "don't worry about it", I didn't fill it out! If you Google this, the medical industry is now encouraging this type of practice so they can be paid more efficiently for their "services". Once you give your credit card number and sign this form, you are giving them legal permission to charge whatever they wish - you have no recourse to refute any charges!!! Also, as I left the office, I was given no encounter form, no list of what I was charged yesterday, and they would not allow me to even pay my required co-pay, so, basically you could say you write out a "blank check" to whatever the office charges - you won't know until about a month later, after insurance is filed and you get a bill! FYI - my husband and I both work, are in middle class America, have good health insurance, and always pay our bills - and this is the way good Americans are being treated!!!!! This doesn't seem to be just with this office, but a standard practice across America in the health care industry!

September 11th, 2012
Wonderful, Caring Doctor
I have been going to Dr. Doody for a while now, and I have found him and his entire staff to be kind and understanding.

August 15th, 2012
Ok but not as good as hoped
Ok if you can deal with the religious overtures. My husband and I only went a few times before moving out of the area several months ago. Most of his staff are friendly but not all and there were constant billing issues and the person who handles those was not helpful and appeared to be indifferent and difficult to reach. It wasn't the most pleasant experience. The office seems too busy to give personalized one on one attention. I wouldn't recommend shop around.

September 14th, 2010
Several co-workers/friends recommended me to Dr. Doody and I was well pleased. He was so nice and caring and knew all the steps we needed to take. He didn't try to force us into IVF and knew right off the bat what steps we need to take. Meeting him was truly a blessing. And now we have our little baby boy and we didn't need IVF or fertility drugs like a previous doctor tried to push on us. Thank God for such a wonderful doctor as Dr. Doody.

April 21st, 2010
personal experience with dr. doody
not satisfied with patient service. Nurses are rude and difficult to deal with over the phone. It took 6 months for Dr. Doody to realize I needed surgery due to a cyst I have had all my life?! They seem to always give the run around-no organization in the office. Definitely needs improvement for patient care.

March 24th, 2010
Had Been Misdiagnosed so many times till now
I love Dr. Doody and his staff. I had been to several doctors through out my life, and have always had problems with my weight. The previous doctors just thought that I was fat and over eating when I hardly ever ate anything. I went to Dr. Doody because of infertility, and he diagnosed me on the first visit. He said that my PCOS would cause me not to be able to get pregnant on my own (without medical intervention) and would also cause my weight issues. I was so happy to finally be able to find a doctor who could help me. With my miscarriage, he and his staff were so helpful and understanding. He even took the time to sit down with my family after my surgery to let them know how things went. You may have to wait a little while to get into see him, but it is well worth it. When I wait I just think that maybe he is helping something through something like I went through.

January 11th, 2010
BILLING Practice stinks
If you do not have a credit card or a debit card you can not see this doctor. Isn't there a law that states you are not required to leave your credit card information with someone to charge whatever fee or charge that a MD wants to? I feel that this is a very unethical practice. I do not care if he is a good md or not, I think that there policy to hand over to the md office your credit card or bank card for them to charge you with whatever they please with out your knowledge of how much it will be is crazy. What other profession can do this and get away with it? NONE. Angry