A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Douvas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Douvas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Douvas
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Douvas, MD is board certified in Hematology and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Douvas graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Douvas has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael G Douvas MD is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Michael G. Douvas practice?
- Dr. Michael Douvas has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Douvas practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Internists, Charlottesville Hematologists, Charlottesville Pediatricians, and Charlottesville Pediatric Specialists.