A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Douvas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Douvas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Douvas
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Douvas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Douvas, MD is board certified in Hematology and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Douvas graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Douvas has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael G Douvas MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Michael G. Douvas practice?
- Dr. Michael Douvas has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Douvas practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Internists, Charlottesville Hematologists, Charlottesville Pediatricians, and Charlottesville Pediatric Specialists.