A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Higgins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Higgins is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Higgins
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Higgins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Higgins, FAAOS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Higgins graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Higgins has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael E Higgins FAAOS and MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Higgins practice?
- Dr. Michael Higgins has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Higgins practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Hampton, VA.
See Hampton Orthopedic Surgeons.