A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Higgins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Higgins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Higgins, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Higgins graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Higgins has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Lewis-Gale Medical Center
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Higgins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Higgins practice?
Dr. Michael Higgins practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Hampton, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Williamsburg, VA and Roanoke, VA.
See Hampton Orthopedic Surgeons.