Dr. Michael Kan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Kan?

August 29th, 2013

Time to find a new Dr

I have had experiences with arrogant Dr's before but this guy takes the cake. I'm glad some of you out there have had a positive experience with Dr Kan, mine...not so much. Unsufferable wait times, rude and dissmisive personality, zero compasion or bedside manner and seems like he is making up diagnosis to keep a person coming back for more and more wasted office visits and uneccessary tests. I've read other posts about his staff but I have not had bad experiences with them. I will say that if you have ever seen Dr Kan interact with his staff, by screaming at them and demeaning them them in front of patients, that I could understand why the staff may come off as testy. One star is a stretch!!

February 24th, 2013

Excellent doc

I trust him with my life-he is worth the wait! Would not see anyone else!!

February 23rd, 2013

Dr Michael Kan is like Dr House (TV) He is arrogant & does not apologize for being 1 1/2 hrs late, but he is brilliant. If you want an accurate diagnosis & treatment , he is awesome. He has a sick sense of humor but underneath that thick skin , he is compassionate & explains everything in detail. He is sooo funny once you get to know him -you will love him & no other doc compares to his expertise!! He knows everything!!

August 6th, 2012

long time patient

January 7th, 2012

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

I agree with everyone else's comments. The office was dirty and a mess. Long waits and if you ask questions about your results or try to explain your medical history he becomes rude, condensending and makes inapproriate remarks. I have never left his office feeling like I accomplished anything. The only "good" appointment I had was my very first visit in which he was very accomodating assuring me he would be a good choice for my primary care physician. After many dissapointments... The final straw for me was when he refused to talk to me on the phone on a Friday after an MRI report stated a tumor was found...I didn't want to worry all weekened and just wanted some general information as I didn't understand all the medical terms on the report...he told the nurse to tell me it was common and If I wanted information I could make an appt for the following week. No interest in helping to ease my concern. I had already had a physcial scheduled for the following Tuesday so I decided to wait until then. I waited in the lobby for 30 minutes then was brought in the room for another 45 minutes. I finally walked out and asked the nurse "where is Dr. Kan it's been over an hour?". She advised me that she would "call" him. He wasn't even in the building!!!!! She called him and he advised he would be another 30 minutes or so. That was it for me and I left. Un-acceptable but consistant with how Dr.Kan and his staff treat patients ....Dont waste your time!

December 1st, 2011

Doctor since childhood

Great doctor - wouldn't go anywhere else.

October 6th, 2011

Michael kan

ok so i waited over an hour just to be put into a really dusty baby room and Dr. Kan's dog that was running around the office had just peed on the wall right next to my seat. then to top it off Dr. Kan came into the room and instantly gave me really bad attitude like i was an inconvenience. it really threw me for a curve ball because i've never met a mad mean doctor like that in my life. first after not even introducing himself he asked me what i wanted from him and before i could complete my sentences he was snapping back with short remarks. obviously he doesn't have experience with my condition so i tried to explain it for a second time and he got frustrated and raised his voice at me and told me to leave his office because supposedly i had copped the attitude. i think while trying to explain again slowly, Mr. Kan got a little offended. i was told to leave the office several times with angry manor from Dr. Kan. this man should not be allowed to have an M.D. license or even directly work with people period. his anger energy would work better with a shovel and a big pile of dirt.

May 23rd, 2011

Do not recommend!!

Dr Kan treated our family for a variety of things. His attitude is bad and he has a short fuse when you try to explain your medical issues with him. It always feels like he wants to get you out the door fast.Not a good choice for your family doctor.

August 17th, 2010

excellent physician

I can't believe that an ad on a page on facebook said his patients rated him 1.5 so I had to do this survey here.Dr. Kan is an awesome human being ad a great physician. He is in demand because he is rated as one of the best doctors in Santa Clara Valley (not just by his patients) so sometimes the wait in his office is long but it's worth it. Now I don't have the problems that other people do, but I know this guy knows his stuff.

October 24th, 2009

I have had enough

I would have to say I agree with all I have been reading here about Dr. Kan's Practice. Dr. Kan once seemed to be an excellent young Doctor who was truly interested in my well being. I have had sevral very long waiting times over 2 hours, a very disorganized office but friendly staff. That was ok, Because I felt Dr. Kan was a great doctor. But much has changed. If you want an appointment leave a message they may call you back, but for the most part I spent a long time on hold. Lost test results, or a fallow up on the results, you must be kidding. Dr. kan is something totaly diffrent these days. He seems completly out of touch with reason for being there, I tell him of my health issues witch are repeated many times over and over without ever getting a response from him as to my concerns. Sevral times i have waited for his return to the examination room, to find out he was finnished with me, He never even examined me or advised me on what I had made the appointment for in the first place. I would have to tell the nurse that he did not even finnish with me and he's with another patient? increadable? I left there feeling like i was totaly unimportant. As for preventive medicine , fallow up visits or blood work or physical exams. I quit even asking. Take my advice, try and stay healthy, if you have health issues go somewere else. I have had enough.

December 11th, 2008

Dr. Kan should not even be practicing medicine

Not only did he misdiangose, me..he was extremely rude and condesending. He kept insisting because I had pnemonia and because I was "single", I had HIV. I had neither. He in fact delayed my care for a blood infection. This man clearly should not be a Doctor

December 5th, 2015