A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Nelson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Nelson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Athens Regional Medical Center
- St Mary's Hospital of Athens
- St. Mary`s Healthcare System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Edwin Nelson MD is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Michael Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Nelson practices Internal Medicine and Pediatrics near Athens, GA.
See Athens Internists and Athens Pediatricians.