A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Schafer is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schafer
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Schafer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Schafer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha.
Dr. Schafer has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Alegent Health Memorial Hospital
- Allegent Health Community Memorial
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Edwin Schafer MD is a male Internist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Schafer practice?
- Dr. Michael Schafer has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Schafer practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Omaha, NE.
See Omaha Internists and Omaha Gastroenterologists.