A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Schafer is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Schafer, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Schafer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Med, Chicago, Il
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Schafer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 44 years of experience and practices in Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael Schafer practice?
- Dr. Michael Schafer has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Schafer practices Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery near Chicago Heights, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Heights Plastic Surgeons and Chicago Heights Surgeons.