A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Schafer is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schafer
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schafer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Schafer, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Schafer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Med, Chicago, Il
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Schafer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 45 years of experience and practices in Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael Schafer practice?
- Dr. Michael Schafer has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Schafer practices Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Plastic Surgeons and Chicago Orthopedic Surgeons.