Family Physicians, General Practitioner
500 W Central Ave
Ste B
Brea, CA 92821
714-671-0766
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Wonderful Primary care doctor...to bad he retired.  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2011

Dr. Michael Edmunds was my primary care doctor for close to 30 yrs. He had a great bedside manner and always listened to me. (Didn't pretend too like some doctors do...he WAS really listening which is a nice change.) If I went in for a sore throat yet had a couple other problems I needed to run by him he always took the time to address ALL my issues..not just the one. Some doctors make you come back for each indiviual problem which is a pain. When i needed a referral to others doctors I was always sent to some of the best doctors. One thing I really appreciated was Dr. Edmunds always gave me more then enough time to cover what I needed. He wasn't the type of doctor to stand there with one hand on the door knob to make his escape like SO MANY other doctors. I loved the way he explained everything he was doing and why. I could go on and on about him...but unfortunetly he has retired which I knew was coming and I am lost without him. I formed such a great doctor patient relationship over the 30 yrs that I never had to worry if I got ill all of a sudden and needed to be seen. He knew my history so well so it made things so easy. I certainly miss him. It's so hard to find a "primary" doctor that is anything like Dr. Edmunds was. Near impossible it seems. Some people may wonder WHY I'm writing this if he is no longer there? I suppose just to let others out there know there are good primary doctors out there even though it seems there hard to find. Don't give up...Edmunds has given me the faith that there must be other primary doc's that LISTEN and geninuely seem to care about their patients. I should not throw politics in there but I'm going too. I can't help but feel that this Obama Care nightmare has helped chase Dr. Edmund and SO many other primary doctors away. Has anyone noticed at Edmunds office ALL the other doctors that worked in that same office have left to other offices. Now there all new doctors in there. (That tells me somethings NOT right!) Obama Care is causing so many wonderful doctors to retire early or just go else where into a private practice. It's a shame the healthcare system have people in charge of what doctors can and can't do for us when they have NO medical backround. Our doctors went to medical school...they have practiced for yrs on end....but some big wig in Health Care that knows nothing about our health tells our doctors what they are allowed to do and not too. It's sad...because we are LOSING so MANY great doctors that we cannot replace. Has anyone noticed the difference in doctors we have these days. Three minute visits...doctors that don't listen. Might as well give them your co-payment and leave without seeing the doctor these days. It's gotten SO BAD...I know...I am battling cancer so I see plenty of doctors...things HAVE changed for the worse. I've seen it coming for yrs...so did Dr. Edmunds. I'm so surprised he hung on as long as he did. I miss you Dr. Edmunds. Thanks for all the wonderful yrs of taking care of me and my entire family. You ARE missed. Take good care of yourself. God Bless.

|  Edmunds, do you feel lucky  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Most people assume that Dr. Michael Edmunds is a good doctor. I`m telling everyone with serious problems to go somewhere else. This man ha...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2008

I love this doctor. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say and really explains things to you. He is compassionate and works with you if you don't have insurance. Awesome doctor!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 6th, 2006 on insiderpages.com

I hate going to the doctors but when I am sick beyond repair I drag myself in here. My whole family goes to him and he is really nice. He is...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com