A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Egnor:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Egnor is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Egnor, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Egnor graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Egnor has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Egnor accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael R. Egnor practice?
Dr. Michael Egnor practices Neurological Surgery near East Setauket, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Riverhead, NY and Stony Brook, NY.
See East Setauket Surgeons.