A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Egnor:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Egnor, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Egnor graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Egnor has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Egnor accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael R. Egnor practice?
Dr. Michael Egnor practices Neurological Surgery, Pediatrics, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, and Pediatric Surgery near Riverhead, NY.
Additional practice locations include: East Setauket, NY and Stony Brook, NY.
See Riverhead Neurological Surgeons, Riverhead Pediatricians, Riverhead Neurologists, and Riverhead Pediatric Surgeons.