Dr. Michael Elam MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017
Life Changing Breast Reduction Surgery
I had just turned 21 and new I needed a change in my life. I was visiting the chiropractor every week or two, couldn't work out anymore, and was self-conscious about all the clothes I would wear. After searching around for doctors for months and going to multiple consultations, I finally chose my doctor. After my consultation with Dr. Elam, I knew he was the right choice for the job. I felt very conformable with him from the moment I met him. He was honest about everything, told me exactly how the procedure would be done, and he was always there to answer any questions I had. Not only was Dr. Elam great, but his whole staff was amazing. Every employee I met was so nice and made me feel assured with the procedure. They were always there to talk and have been with me every step of the way from my consultation to full recovery and they still check in with me. A year later, and I could not be more thankful for Dr. Elam and his staff. Having a breast reduction changed my life. Thank you!

May 1st, 2017
Check his record with the CA Medical Board
Dr. Elam performed a brow lift on me years ago, and I still have the nerve damage that resulted from his surgery. One of my brows is frozen as a result of the nerve damage. Additionally, he removed a muscle from the same side where the nerve damage occurred, so I have a much wider eye on one side. The damage was clear after the surgery, but Dr. Elam never could identify the problem. I saw several respected plastic surgeons in Orange County, and a few identified why one side of my forehead/brow/eye was so different. It's not fixable, so a very skilled surgeon did some finesse surgery to help modify my appearance. Stay away from Dr. Elam. He is not a board certified plastic surgeon and has had his medical license revoked by the CA Medical Board in the past. He's charming but is a terrible surgeon.

August 7th, 2015
Dr Elam is absolutely the best!! And his staff is amazing . Best experience ever!!

July 30th, 2014
Dr. Elam is AMAZING! Several years ago, I had a breast augmentation done by a different plastic surgeon. He made my breasts way to big with saline implants over the muscle. After a few years of having the implants, my breast became very heavy and droopy. I made a consultation appointment with Dr. Elam for a revision breast augmentation. Living in Newport Beach, Dr. Elam has done surgery on several of my friends and they all look beautiful. Dr. Elam's friendly staff, and his experience made me feel comfortable right away. Dr. Elam recommended I do a mastopexy with silicone breast implants. The day after my consultation, I booked my surgery. I was so excited to get smaller, perky breasts. During my pre-operative appointment, I was given a care package full of stuff I needed during recovery. It was so nice. Dr. Elam and his entire staff made this such a special and fun experience. My boobs are gorgeous, and I am having the best summer running around in my bikini. I love my body now!

January 29th, 2014
Another Satisfied Dr. Elam patient
I've had several procedures by Dr. Elam including a face lift and tummy tuck and was so happy with my results that I decided to get a rejuvenation before the big 60. Dr. Elam showed me how my surgery would look viewing the digital imaging computer and it looked like it would take 10 years off.. so I opted to schedule the surgery which was fat transfer to the cheeks. The results looked like the images shown to me, which were amazing. I am thrilled with my new refreshed look, it did take 10 years off. I can't say enough about Dr. Elam and his staff. They all have incredible bedside manner, from the consultation to the followup post operative care. They treat you like family. I have referred many friends over the years and they all rave about their similar experiences...I will be back before the big 70!

February 27th, 2013
Loving my new look
Dr. Elam has performed multiple procedures on me over the years. I have been so happy with everything so I decided to have a full face laser and fat transfer to my face done last week. I am so happy with my new look. All the fine lines are gone and the fat transfer has added a natural yet very youthful appearance to my face. I would highly recommend Dr. Elam and his staff for the best experience ever!!!

October 20th, 2012
breast/nose/botox
I am truly impressed with Dr. Elams work. I was initially recommended to him by a friend when my previous implants ruptured in 2008, and I was hesitant to go back to the other Doctor. Dr. Elam made an immediate positive, professional impression on me, that I trusted him with the removal of my old implants and replacement with the new. I was beyond satisfied with the outcome of my new implants and because of that; I have gained great confidence in Dr. Elams work. Since my Breast Augmentation, I have trusted Dr. Elam with the reconstruction of my nose, and have continued to schedule regular appointments with him, for Botox around my eyes, nose, and fore head. I have received numerous compliments on his cosmetic procedures, not only from friends and family, but from complete strangers as well. Thanks to Dr. Elam I have gained great confidence within myself, with my looks and personality. I cannot thank Dr. Elam enough, I am beyond grateful to have met such an extraordinary cosmetic surgeon.

October 15th, 2012
Wrinkle Free!
Dr. Elam is the most realistic and caring doctor I have ever come across. He is honest yet cares more about the patient satisfaction than anything else. After receiving my botox and his consistent follow up to make sure everything worked well, I have satisfied I have never been happier after leaving a doctor office. Thank you Dr. Elam!

September 2nd, 2012
Best work, best plastic surgeon in Newport
Dr. Elam is an amazing surgeon. He is the best at natural looking facelifts and rhinoplasty. Also, people on realself.com are very happy with the lipo and breast augmentation surgeries he's done. Staff is amazing too.

July 6th, 2012
Dr. Elam is the Liposuction Guru!
Dr. Elam was one of the first surgeons in the US to perform liposuction. His credentials are so impressive because he taught (and continues to educate) hundreds of surgeons on the surgical craft and artistry of liposuction. Also, he wrote the first physician's training textbook on the procedure. Dr. Elam has been featured in so many media outlets and has a seemingly cult following of celebrity clientele and stunning models.My personal liposuction experience was nothing but gratifying and I am thrilled with the results. I found my recovery to be speedy and painless. Both the Dr. and his staff are compassionate, endearing and astute professionals. My mother, two sisters and I ADORE Dr. Elam! He is a class act.

June 8th, 2012
very relatable, good bedside manner, very easy to talk to, and accurate. plus, he's gorgeous!

May 18th, 2012
Love my rhinoplastly and breast augmentation by Dr. Elam
I am a registered nurse. I have meet many plastic surgeons but none with the kind of bedside manner like Dr. Elam. I was referred by multiple past patients of Dr. Elam and I am so glad I choose him. With decades of experience, Dr. Elam's skills blew me away. First, I came to him for a rhinoplasty. My new nose looks amazing and natural. I have gotten so many compliments. Soon after, I returned to Dr. Elam for a breast augmentation. I love my results and I'm ready to get into that little bikini for summer!