Dr. Michael Engelman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Engelman?

October 4th, 2017

I have had him as my doctor for years and he is excellent and quick with his examinations.

May 5th, 2017

Totally unprofessional!

I explained and showed the nurse the lesion in my leg and she told me the doctor would be right over. Doctor Engelman came in, did not greet me or introduce himself. He told me to lay face down in the examining couch, took a look and said "It is Simplex Herpes" I asked how did it come about and he said "It just happens" He then gave instructions to the nurse for a prescription and told her for a follow up in two months. He left without saying good bye or anything. Needless to say I will never return to see that doctor nor the Dermatology Consultants of South Florida.

November 13th, 2015

Stay clear of this insensitive doctor with a very, very poor bedside manner.

March 18th, 2015

I like this guy

Called Monday at 2:00, got appointment for Tuesday at 11:15. Used the phrase "I'm about to chew my arm off". Arrived at 11, did the paperwork and was with the doctor at 11:25. Yes, the time spent wasn't enough for us to bond on a personal level - but that's not why I was there. He was very attentive, knowledgeable and calmed all my fears in a matter of minutes - in other words, he did all that I could ask for. The medication prescribed has already (36 hours) effected a vast improvement. I am grateful to this man for everything he has done, and have already told three friends of my experience.

March 13th, 2015

The area and office itself is very nice, the nurse was awesome. Dr. Engelman spent about 2 minutes in the room with me, knew i had concerns about medications in general and did not address the concerns at all. He did not ask me any questions and i had to ask him questions for him to explain my diagnosis, the cause, the expected outcome, side effects, and length of treatment. He was answering questions in a rushed manner and was literally at the door walking away while answering them. He did not take his time, did not seem interested in my concerns, and looked at the 2 affected areas for a total of 5 seconds. I would not recommend this doctor to a friend or family member, or anyone for that matter. There was no QUALITY of care with this physician.

June 30th, 2014

Please read before seeing

The office staff was quick and courteous. The professional on the other hand was not. As a college student with a part-time job $30 is a lot of money to spend for someone to tell me I need to wear more sunscreen and bleach my darkspots. As a human being who took time out of his day to come see and pay for a medical evaluation on my skin I would like more than a 2 min look at just what I am worried about in the first place. How about a look around in the more hard to see areas like my back or the joints that usually have some rough skin? I understand being busy but I don't see how I can have sun irritation on my face AND my foot when my feet barely see the light of day, as well as being different textures. I felt rushed and the attendant looked like she sympathized with me as I asked her questions she didn't have the answers to. Never again.

February 16th, 2014

Never Again!!!

I can honestly say that this man needs to Retire! He is impatient, rushes through his evaluation, dos Not ask any questions & appears to not even want to talk to the patient or asks about their concerns. He talks to you like your an idiot. he is Rude and worse - he curses!!! This man needs to either retire to or to be looked at from the Medical board!

September 4th, 2012

Complete checkup

The doctor is fast,thorough,very smart and experienced. He doesn't waste my time or his. Just what we need these days. He gave me a great tip about talking to doctors. He said to describe my symptoms instead of trying to diagnose my problem. Great advice which saves me time, trouble, and gets me better medical care from all my doctors.

July 13th, 2012

Will not be back again...ever...

This doctor has no personality. He spent exactly 2 minutes with me after a 40 minute wait. He would not look me in the eyes and just shot out a lot of medical terms to the assistant as she struggled to write everything down. Did not explain anything to me and the whole experience was awful...

April 2nd, 2011

Poor Bedside Manner

I took my daughter in to see the doctor because of flakes in her head. He gave her a shampoo to use everyday, I told him that ethnic hair will get dry out. His medication made my daughter's hair worst. He didn't even want to hear anything I had to say. He suggest that I should get another opinion, which I did. I drove all the way to Miami Shores. Found out that the medications he gave my daughter have alcohol. I guess I found a new dermatologist in Miami Shores, and I will tell all my friends about this new doctor.

July 27th, 2010

I've been going to him for years, always had very good experiences.

January 19th, 2010

Dr Engelman is excellent. I have psoriasis, a chronic skin condition. He was very knowledgable of medications and their effects, as well as what my insurance would pay for. He also was able to tell me what would work best on my scalp, which is where my psoriasis is located. He did not try to sell me high-end prescription face creams, which so many other derms are only interested in talking about. Very happy with my visit.