Dr. Michael Engelman MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Coral Springs, FL

3.4

November 13th, 2015
Stay clear of this insensitive doctor with a very, very poor bedside manner.

March 18th, 2015
I like this guy
Called Monday at 2:00, got appointment for Tuesday at 11:15. Used the phrase "I'm about to chew my arm off". Arrived at 11, did the paperwork and was with the doctor at 11:25. Yes, the time spent wasn't enough for us to bond on a personal level - but that's not why I was there. He was very attentive, knowledgeable and calmed all my fears in a matter of minutes - in other words, he did all that I could ask for. The medication prescribed has already (36 hours) effected a vast improvement. I am grateful to this man for everything he has done, and have already told three friends of my experience.

March 13th, 2015
The area and office itself is very nice, the nurse was awesome. Dr. Engelman spent about 2 minutes in the room with me, knew i had concerns about medications in general and did not address the concerns at all. He did not ask me any questions and i had to ask him questions for him to explain my diagnosis, the cause, the expected outcome, side effects, and length of treatment. He was answering questions in a rushed manner and was literally at the door walking away while answering them. He did not take his time, did not seem interested in my concerns, and looked at the 2 affected areas for a total of 5 seconds. I would not recommend this doctor to a friend or family member, or anyone for that matter. There was no QUALITY of care with this physician.

June 30th, 2014
Please read before seeing
The office staff was quick and courteous. The professional on the other hand was not. As a college student with a part-time job $30 is a lot of money to spend for someone to tell me I need to wear more sunscreen and bleach my darkspots. As a human being who took time out of his day to come see and pay for a medical evaluation on my skin I would like more than a 2 min look at just what I am worried about in the first place. How about a look around in the more hard to see areas like my back or the joints that usually have some rough skin? I understand being busy but I don't see how I can have sun irritation on my face AND my foot when my feet barely see the light of day, as well as being different textures. I felt rushed and the attendant looked like she sympathized with me as I asked her questions she didn't have the answers to. Never again.

February 15th, 2014
Never Again!!!
I can honestly say that this man needs to Retire! He is impatient, rushes through his evaluation, dos Not ask any questions & appears to not even want to talk to the patient or asks about their concerns. He talks to you like your an idiot. he is Rude and worse - he curses!!! This man needs to either retire to or to be looked at from the Medical board!

September 4th, 2012
Complete checkup
The doctor is fast,thorough,very smart and experienced. He doesn't waste my time or his. Just what we need these days. He gave me a great tip about talking to doctors. He said to describe my symptoms instead of trying to diagnose my problem. Great advice which saves me time, trouble, and gets me better medical care from all my doctors.

July 13th, 2012
Will not be back again...ever...
This doctor has no personality. He spent exactly 2 minutes with me after a 40 minute wait. He would not look me in the eyes and just shot out a lot of medical terms to the assistant as she struggled to write everything down. Did not explain anything to me and the whole experience was awful...

April 2nd, 2011
Poor Bedside Manner
I took my daughter in to see the doctor because of flakes in her head. He gave her a shampoo to use everyday, I told him that ethnic hair will get dry out. His medication made my daughter's hair worst. He didn't even want to hear anything I had to say. He suggest that I should get another opinion, which I did. I drove all the way to Miami Shores. Found out that the medications he gave my daughter have alcohol. I guess I found a new dermatologist in Miami Shores, and I will tell all my friends about this new doctor.

July 27th, 2010
I've been going to him for years, always had very good experiences.

January 19th, 2010
Dr Engelman is excellent. I have psoriasis, a chronic skin condition. He was very knowledgable of medications and their effects, as well as what my insurance would pay for. He also was able to tell me what would work best on my scalp, which is where my psoriasis is located. He did not try to sell me high-end prescription face creams, which so many other derms are only interested in talking about. Very happy with my visit.

November 10th, 2009
Awful
I tried to explain why I was there after mohs surgery.He said get to the point I don't have all day.He looked briefly at my two procedures and said come back in 6 months.I have never been so rudely treated by any doctor.Length of visit-less than two minutes.I am 80 years of age and was shown no interest or caring of my questions. The woman at the desk was flabagasted that I even had a visit.Needless to say I will never go back to that mean so called "doctor" again. It was my second office visit and he showed no emotion-----I wonder how much he is going to charge Medicare???