Dr. Michael England Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael England?

April 22nd, 2017

Great experience

Timely visit with all my questions answered

February 17th, 2017

Terribly Unsettling

After going thru a battery of 3 tests to determine the cause of my urinary issues, Dr. England then has you come in for a consult to go over the results of the various tests. I was told by the office schedulers the consult appt should take 10 minutes! 10 minutes is not enough time to go over the test results (especially since no real discussion was permitted after any of the 3 tests) and the large amount of confusing literature on interstitial cystitis, given to me after the 3rd test. I read thru the literature and there were many inconsistencies and disclaimers. I was confused and afraid after reading this literature. I prepared a list of questions for the consult and brought my boyfriend along for backup. We were both treated rudely. Dr England was extremely arrogant, had no empathy and totally reversed his suggested treatment during the course of the meeting. He also made fun of the fact that I had prepared a question list, gave flip answers to several of my questions and did everything possible to get me to conclude with my question list. After reading the many similarly negative reviews of this doctor, I will be seeking a second opinion.

October 24th, 2016

Not good with older patients

My mother was referred to Dr. England for a prolapsed bladder that interfered with normal bowel and bladder function. Dr. England told her she was too old for surgery, and gave her a medication for overactive bladder. The medication did not help and my mother ended up in the Emergency Room with a distended bladder and Urinary Tract Infection. She was referred to another urologist which ( based on his treatment of my mother) may have been his ultimate goal. I have heard that technically Dr. England is very skilled. Unfortunately, he is lacking in kindness, patience and compassion. I would suggest that Dr. England either work on those traits or stop seeing older patients who are more likely to value those qualities.

October 10th, 2016

Very knowledgeable and caring.

April 30th, 2016

Rude; Office Staff not helpful

Evidently this physician's patient load is heavy, for it surely reflects in how patients are treated...very indifferent. The staff is rude and appear overworked. This may come as news to many, but when patients are faced with serious health issues that require surgery, they are scared half to death. Some require more reassurance and TLC than others, but hey, that is the business of medicine, is it not?

April 25th, 2016

Patient

I was very impressed with Dr. England and his office staff. Dr. England was very courteous, to the point and very thorough about my problem. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor in his field. Elizabeth Weaver is his assistant and she was also wonderful. This office is very upbeat and willing to work with you.

January 6th, 2016

Not Happy at Fort Worth

I had the pelvic reconstruction and had the sling. After the surgery, I cannot urine and had to use the tube. I called Dr. England's office and they told me it's normal. Then after the follow-up, he had to adjust and fixed so I can urine normally. But the problem is I am still leaking and even worst than before surgery. So I am not happy with my surgery with him at all. The surgery should help me better, not worst.

August 6th, 2015

Best Uro-Gynecologist in North Texas

March 23rd, 2015

Comforting

This doctor is going above and beyond to help me. He is kind and caring. He is a great listener and even listens to my husbands questions and concerns.

February 19th, 2015

Infected by his test!

I had a test pre-surgery to test my bladder health. I was not told the risks, or what type of pain to look out for. He just handed me a sheet of paper. I had back pain so bad by the 3rd and 4th day post-test (which I thought was due to a pulled muscle, or such) that I returned and his nurse practitioner summarily informed me that I had blood in my urine and that she would treat me for a bladder infection - no apology or discussion at all. I had never had a bladder infection in my life. His test procedure gave me that infection. She also prescribed a muscle relaxant as well as an antibiotic. I took the muscle relaxant the following day because the back pain was still very bad. I had a bad reaction to the drug, couldn't walk, and when I called their after-hours nurse, all she said was that to get it out of my system I would have to go to emergency to flush it out of my system. I could not sit up, let alone drive. I later learned that taking anti-histamine may have counter-acted the muscle relaxant somewhat. I had never had a drug reaction in my life before this. I called his office and was told he never returns patient calls! I received a dismissal letter without an explanation and with a list of 30 of his associate doctors in the Texas Health Group that I could not see, including my Ob/Gynecologist who referred me to him in the first place. Apparently, once you are off his list, he doesn't even want to be on-call for the other doctors in his practice group. I also agree that he is rude, arrogant, does not listen, but he is excellent with his computer, since that is all he does while you are trying to ask a question. He calls you by an endearment, not your name, which, as a professional woman attorney, I find very disrespectful. Fort Worth has plenty of fine doctors - he is not one of them.

February 8th, 2015

run do not walk!

I believe the title of this review says it all. Rarely do I critique a doctor, but this particular doctor is not in my opinion a good choice for any procedure at this point in his practice. Failed at all levels.

December 6th, 2013