Obstetricians & Gynecologists

1250 8th Ave
Ste 330
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-923-5559
Locations and availability (13)

2.5

|  Destroyed  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2013

Shortly before my 1st appt with Dr. England, the FDA issued a notification to physicians: "Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh in Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence". Released due to the alarming increase in reports of TVT's debilitating complications & irreversible organ damage, the warning implored physicians to fully inform patients of all possible TVT dangers. Oddly enough, he never mentioned any this. Apparently England isn't an avid reader-- I was only told it was "very safe" & complications were VERY minimal. I had many complications during & after surgery which were summarily ignored by an indifferent Dr. England. Due to his "repairs" & unnecessary hysterectomy I've suffered years of debilitating medical problems & subsequent surgeries for my newly created health problems, but to no avail. I've been left with no quality of life, deeply in debt & little hope I'll ever live a normal life again. BEWARE.

by Louis Smith on Dec 4th, 2013

Rude, arrogant, does not listen, but he is excellent with his computer, since that is all he does while you are trying to ask a question. I hope they didn't have much trouble getting him down off the cross!

|  Miserable  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2013

Shortly before my 1st appt with Dr. England, the FDA issued a notification to physicians: “Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh in Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence”. Released due to the alarming increase in reports of TVT’s debilitating complications & irreversible organ damage, the warning implored physicians to fully inform patients of all possible TVT dangers. Oddly enough, he never mentioned any this. Apparently England isn’t an avid reader-- I was only told it was "very safe" & complications were VERY minimal. I had many complications during & after surgery which were summarily ignored by an indifferent Dr. England. Due to his "repairs" & unnecessary hysterectomy I've suffered years of debilitating medical problems & subsequent surgeries for my newly created health problems, but to no avail. I’ve been left with no quality of life, deeply in debt & little hope I'll ever live a normal life again. Thanks!

Mar 18th, 2013

Extreme arrogance. When I received medical records from his office I noted several inconsistencies and mention of tests that were never done. I am glad I sought other opinions.

|  Beware!  |  show details
by Jennifer S. on Feb 27th, 2013

Is arrogant and does not believe he can possibly have made a mistake. Does not listen to his patients and if you show up with your husband he will send in a nurse instead. Made many mistakes that cost me 4 pints of blood during surgery, a trip to ER. 4 weeks of bleeding after the first 6 weeks and did nothing about it. Insists that he doesn't make mistakes and that if he can't see where bleeding is coming from then it must not really be happening. 8 weeks post op discovered that I had an aneurysm from a vein and artery fusing together after surgery. Finally explains bleeding but he didn't know what to do about it. called me an interesting patient because He didn't know what to do and then told me that interesting was not a good thing. Nurses forgot to send blood work to labs and blood would have to be drawn again. I can't explain all the issues in under 5000 words but I'll never let this man touch me ever again!!!

|  Life destroyed by POP/TVT surgery  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

Extreme egotism from all "clinicians". God help you if you have any surgical complications, because England can do no wrong-- or so he (et al) believes.

|  Should have gone here first  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr England fixed a botched bladder suspension that resulted in a significant amount of scar tissue in addition to not correcting the problem. He knew exactly what the problem was and what it had been. Had a specific course of action that was carried out by himself his office staff and the hospital staff. I've unfortunately had a lo of hospital experience on the patient side and working with Dr England and his staff was the best and most reassuring because I was told what to expect even when the procedure was more complicated than originally anticipated.

|  Dr. England is awful  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I do not recommend Dr. England. He and his staff are completely unprofessional and rude. He is very arrogant and I am shocked at how he runs his practice. There are amazing doctors out there who care about their patients and treat them with care and respect and he is NOT one of them.

|  bad nurse, great doc  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr. England is great, but Nurse Elizabeth Weaver is impatient & doesn't answer questions clearly. Older adults would probably be better off going to another clinic to avoid Nurse Weaver. Her repeated response to my questions was to read a phamphlet. When I experienced intense pain during the test, Nurse Weaver was not empathetic.

|  Former patient from South Africa  |  show details
May 7th, 2011

I was a patient of Dr England for a number of years in South Africa and I never before or since had such a clued-up, engaged and informative Gynae. His attention to detail in the diagnosis of my medical health was amazing and his manner was very caring. He was greatly missed by all of his South African patients, and most especially by me. Maggi Hawkins (now of Edinburgh, Scotland)

|  Dr. England came highly recommended  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

I was referred by my OB/GYN who said if she needed pelvic floor reconstruction (and in my case also a hysterectomy), this is the Dr. she would have do it for her. I have seen him once so far. The paperwork took 40 min. to fill out before my 1st appt. The staff were very nice. Dr. England was very thorough & made me feel very comfortable especially since I normally prefer a female. He spent a considerable about of time with me. He ordered 3 follow up tests to be able to thoroughly diagnose the best surgical procedures for me. He also sent me to a Hematologist due to low iron levels to correct that issue before doing surgery. I think Dr. England had a good bed side manner & was easy to talk to.

by Frances De Leon on Nov 13th, 2008

Dr. England has really taken good care of me and after seeing many doctors he has done tests and given me a diagnosis. If only I had gone to him sooner I could have been treated for my OAB, IC, and retention.

|  Best Doc  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2008

He does urogynecolgy and is the best. He has great doctor patient communicatin and takes time to listen.