Comforting show details Comforting
Mar 23rd, 2015

This doctor is going above and beyond to help me. He is kind and caring. He is a great listener and even listens to my husbands questions and concerns.

Infected by his test! show details Infected by his test!
Feb 19th, 2015

I had a test pre-surgery to test my bladder health. I was not told the risks, or what type of pain to look out for. He just handed me a sheet of paper. I had back pain so bad by the 3rd and 4th day post-test (which I thought was due to a pulled muscle, or such) that I returned and his nurse practitioner summarily informed me that I had blood in my urine and that she would treat me for a bladder infection - no apology or discussion at all. I had never had a bladder infection in my life. His test procedure gave me that infection. She also prescribed a muscle relaxant as well as an antibiotic. I took the muscle relaxant the following day because the back pain was still very bad. I had a bad reaction to the drug, couldn't walk, and when I called their after-hours nurse, all she said was that to get it out of my system I would have to go to emergency to flush it out of my system. I could not sit up, let alone drive. I later learned that taking anti-histamine may have counter-acted the muscle relaxant somewhat. I had never had a drug reaction in my life before this. I called his office and was told he never returns patient calls! I received a dismissal letter without an explanation and with a list of 30 of his associate doctors in the Texas Health Group that I could not see, including my Ob/Gynecologist who referred me to him in the first place. Apparently, once you are off his list, he doesn't even want to be on-call for the other doctors in his practice group. I also agree that he is rude, arrogant, does not listen, but he is excellent with his computer, since that is all he does while you are trying to ask a question. He calls you by an endearment, not your name, which, as a professional woman attorney, I find very disrespectful. Fort Worth has plenty of fine doctors - he is not one of them.

run do not walk! show details run do not walk!
Feb 8th, 2015

I believe the title of this review says it all. Rarely do I critique a doctor, but this particular doctor is not in my opinion a good choice for any procedure at this point in his practice. Failed at all levels.

Destroyed show details Destroyed
Dec 6th, 2013

Shortly before my 1st appt with Dr. England, the FDA issued a notification to physicians: "Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh in Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence". Released due to the alarming increase in reports of TVT's debilitating complications & irreversible organ damage, the warning implored physicians to fully inform patients of all possible TVT dangers. Oddly enough, he never mentioned any this. Apparently England isn't an avid reader-- I was only told it was "very safe" & complications were VERY minimal. I had many complications during & after surgery which were summarily ignored by an indifferent Dr. England. Due to his "repairs" & unnecessary hysterectomy I've suffered years of debilitating medical problems & subsequent surgeries for my newly created health problems, but to no avail. I've been left with no quality of life, deeply in debt & little hope I'll ever live a normal life again. BEWARE.

by Louis Smith on Dec 4th, 2013

Rude, arrogant, does not listen, but he is excellent with his computer, since that is all he does while you are trying to ask a question. I hope they didn't have much trouble getting him down off the cross!

Miserable show details Miserable
Jul 27th, 2013

Shortly before my 1st appt with Dr. England, the FDA issued a notification to physicians: “Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh in Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence”. Released due to the alarming increase in reports of TVT’s debilitating complications & irreversible organ damage, the warning implored physicians to fully inform patients of all possible TVT dangers. Oddly enough, he never mentioned any this. Apparently England isn’t an avid reader-- I was only told it was "very safe" & complications were VERY minimal. I had many complications during & after surgery which were summarily ignored by an indifferent Dr. England. Due to his "repairs" & unnecessary hysterectomy I've suffered years of debilitating medical problems & subsequent surgeries for my newly created health problems, but to no avail. I’ve been left with no quality of life, deeply in debt & little hope I'll ever live a normal life again. Thanks!

Mar 18th, 2013

Extreme arrogance. When I received medical records from his office I noted several inconsistencies and mention of tests that were never done. I am glad I sought other opinions.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Beware! show details Beware!
by Jennifer S. on Feb 27th, 2013

Is arrogant and does not believe he can possibly have made a mistake. Does not listen to his patients and if you show up with your husband he will send in a nurse instead. Made many mistakes that cost me 4 pints of blood during surgery, a trip to ER. 4 weeks of bleeding after the first 6 weeks and did nothing about it. Insists that he doesn't make mistakes and that if he can't see where bleeding is coming from then it must not really be happening. 8 weeks post op discovered that I had an aneurysm from a vein and artery fusing together after surgery. Finally explains bleeding but he didn't know what to do about it. called me an interesting patient because He didn't know what to do and then told me that interesting was not a good thing. Nurses forgot to send blood work to labs and blood would have to be drawn again. I can't explain all the issues in under 5000 words but I'll never let this man touch me ever again!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Life destroyed by POP/TVT surgery show details Life destroyed by POP/TVT surgery
May 4th, 2012

Extreme egotism from all "clinicians". God help you if you have any surgical complications, because England can do no wrong-- or so he (et al) believes.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Should have gone here first show details Should have gone here first
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr England fixed a botched bladder suspension that resulted in a significant amount of scar tissue in addition to not correcting the problem. He knew exactly what the problem was and what it had been. Had a specific course of action that was carried out by himself his office staff and the hospital staff. I've unfortunately had a lo of hospital experience on the patient side and working with Dr England and his staff was the best and most reassuring because I was told what to expect even when the procedure was more complicated than originally anticipated.

Dr. England is awful show details Dr. England is awful
Mar 29th, 2012

I do not recommend Dr. England. He and his staff are completely unprofessional and rude. He is very arrogant and I am shocked at how he runs his practice. There are amazing doctors out there who care about their patients and treat them with care and respect and he is NOT one of them.

bad nurse, great doc show details bad nurse, great doc
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr. England is great, but Nurse Elizabeth Weaver is impatient & doesn't answer questions clearly. Older adults would probably be better off going to another clinic to avoid Nurse Weaver. Her repeated response to my questions was to read a phamphlet. When I experienced intense pain during the test, Nurse Weaver was not empathetic.

Former patient from South Africa show details Former patient from South Africa
May 7th, 2011

I was a patient of Dr England for a number of years in South Africa and I never before or since had such a clued-up, engaged and informative Gynae. His attention to detail in the diagnosis of my medical health was amazing and his manner was very caring. He was greatly missed by all of his South African patients, and most especially by me. Maggi Hawkins (now of Edinburgh, Scotland)

Dr. England came highly recommended show details Dr. England came highly recommended
Mar 2nd, 2011

I was referred by my OB/GYN who said if she needed pelvic floor reconstruction (and in my case also a hysterectomy), this is the Dr. she would have do it for her. I have seen him once so far. The paperwork took 40 min. to fill out before my 1st appt. The staff were very nice. Dr. England was very thorough & made me feel very comfortable especially since I normally prefer a female. He spent a considerable about of time with me. He ordered 3 follow up tests to be able to thoroughly diagnose the best surgical procedures for me. He also sent me to a Hematologist due to low iron levels to correct that issue before doing surgery. I think Dr. England had a good bed side manner & was easy to talk to.

by Frances De Leon on Nov 13th, 2008

Dr. England has really taken good care of me and after seeing many doctors he has done tests and given me a diagnosis. If only I had gone to him sooner I could have been treated for my OAB, IC, and retention.

Best Doc show details Best Doc
Aug 31st, 2008

He does urogynecolgy and is the best. He has great doctor patient communicatin and takes time to listen.