Dr. Michael Fackovec Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Fackovec?

May 5th, 2015

Very Disapointed

We moved to Pittsburgh from out of state and so about 2 or 3 weeks before making my appointment, I filled out and handed into the office, my paperwork to get my records sent. I made sure to say that I needed to discuss an ongoing condition during my visit and the records from my former Doc would be helpful. When I arrived at my appointment, the office had not even yet sent for my records. The doctor barely discussed my concerns saying that without my records my visit was practically useless. The insinuation was that it was my fault that the records were not yet to the office. The doctor did continue my Rx, and so I chalked it up to a bad day. About a month later, my health insurance decided that they were no longer supporting my brand name Rx and so I needed to get the doctor to switch to another brand or a generic. Okay, these things happen. I brought the letter stating this to the office, let them copy it, and got assurances that the doctor would call in the replacement to my pharmacy. When it was time for my refill, several days, maybe a week later, the pharmacy told me they had never received the new Rx from the doctor. They called over for it and I also stopped by the office. I was told that because they had not gotten my records from my former Doc, the doctor didn't know what to prescribe! Again there was the insinuation that somehow this was my fault that the office didn't have the records from my former Doc. The pharmacy did get an Rx script from him for a replacement brand and I filled it. Now it's a month later and I need to get it refilled, only to learn from my pharmacy, the the replacement Rx was only for one month! They called over to the Doc again and suggested that I again call the office to hurry them along. Is this going to happen every month!?! The bottom line is that I would not recommend the doctor or this office. If I could give negative stars I would.

June 28th, 2013

Terrible service and scheduling

I called around 4:45pm to schedule an appointment and they told me the office is open from 8:30am to 5pm and refuse to talk to me.. Then the next morning I called and the lady told me that they have scheduled two months out even though I explained to them that I have had a condition that has been going on for a month and a half, Maybe I am a new patient and they don't give a sh*t about it. I wouldn't want to wait two months to see a doctor. Also, the scheduling lady was rude, unenthusiastic, and unhelpful. The doctor might be good and caring but certainly not the staff. This comment is NOT directed at the doctor but to its staff.

January 27th, 2013

The Best Doctor I Have Ever Seen

From ease of appointments to the courteous and professional office staff everything about Smithfield Medical is top rate. Dr. Fackovec has always been professional and made accurate diagnosis of our family. He listens, takes his time and lets you know that he really cares. I would not go anywhere else.

July 11th, 2017