Internist, Rheumatologist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mrs show details Mrs
by Jennifer on Apr 25th, 2016

Horrible, no other word. The Dr was ok and professional. In his words "I don't know" his Profesional diagnosis. Which didn't really bother me I thought he was honest and we'll wait for results. But getting an appointment. 3 month wait and the staff was just unbareable. Specially the receptionist, most rude I have ever has to deal with. Do not recommend this place at all. And the fact that you have to figure out where to get the testa done cause they don't even take blood samples is a complete NO. Don't waste your time honestly.

Sep 24th, 2015

While I believe the doctor meant well, he did not give me any diagnosis for my recurrent pain. He seemed a better doctor for someone who has rheumatoid arthritis or something easy to diagnosis with a blood test. So much for an auto-immune problem.

Aug 21st, 2015

Thorough, caring, compassionate, follows through.

Helpful show details Helpful
Mar 31st, 2015

Helpful doctor, listens well.

Horrible beyond belief show details Horrible beyond belief
Feb 20th, 2015

Where to begin? My records were faxed to them, but they clearly had not read them. Doc and PA gave me no straight answers. I soon got the feeling I was not in the room with them. They said they didn't have my MRI interpretation, so I went to my car & got it. The receptionist gave me some lab work to do & said I could have a follow-up in TWO MONTHS. I told her I could hardly walk, was hoping for a diagnosis, & need the first available. I guess 3 weeks is better than 2 months, right. Avoid this practice.

not happy with this doctor show details not happy with this doctor
Feb 3rd, 2015

It is hard to get scripts from this Doctor you have to go back to his office to pick them up as he will not mail them to you also For 1st vist it is so hard to get appointment as you doctor who is referring needs to send your last 3 mos vists to dr 's office for review --before he will even make an appointment for you to come in --then you have to be able to get his staf--to call you for such an appointment he is booked months in advance and if there is such a s thing as a wait list I have never gotten a call from it!

Rude DR show details Rude DR
Feb 3rd, 2015

He is the rudest Dr. I have ever visited. My GP wanted me in quickly, first appointment took 3 months. Just had second appointment and was in 5 minutes, now need an MRI and blood work, AGAIN and come back in 6 weeks. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Run from this office!! show details Run from this office!!
Oct 10th, 2014

This so called doctor and his wife apparently think they are running a practice. The research is a joke and so is the glorified secretary who thinks she is in charge of research. Fairfax gets his patients hooked on narcotics and has now dumped them due to a DEA investigation into his overprescribing. Fairfax and his ignorant wife should not be able to have such a business, as he is always more concerned with your payment than actual treatment. Anyone even considering going there should find somewhere else! This idiot and his greedy wife need to be put out of business!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DR ASAP! show details LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DR ASAP!
May 7th, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Fairfax's office for almost a year and continue to be very frustrated with both the staff and the doctors. I have worked in the medical field for many years and I am appalled at the rude manner in which the staff treats their patients. Whenever I call I am never able to speak with a live person...I always have to leave a message and then someone will call me back about two days later. I too was late for an appointment by 5 minutes and was told I would have to reschedule, and the earliest they could get me in was four months later! Thats absurd!! They are not that busy of an office! The icing on the cake was when I was experiencing a lot of pain and numbness after hours and asked for a dr to call me. After calling the answering service and waiting over two hours Dr. Horne told the answering service he didn't want to talk to me and that I should just go to the emergency room! Seriously???? I deserve better patient care than that and refuse to help keep them in business any longer!

Ph.D show details Ph.D
by Eve Harris on Sep 11th, 2013

As a medical doctor I have no complaints; however, his staff are among the worse I have encountered. As an example, I was 5 minutes late for my 9:15 AM appointment, primarily due to monsoon rain and traffic conditions. She told me I would have to reschedule my appointment. I said I had taken a wrong street and I was approaching their building. I told her I could not reschedule because I had a daughter with stage 4 cancer and a handicapped husband I cared for and it wasn't easy for me to come. She told me if I came, there would be two (2) people ahead of me and I'd have to wait until they were through. My response: There was no way I could wait that long and if they tried to charge me for a "no show" (per their office recording message) I would seek legal advise. Bottom line: I turned around and went home! I do not recommend this medical office due to the lack of sympathy and caring for patients by this doctor's "Gate Keeper." She showed no emotion talking to me. I was just another patient!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Very sad, very belittling experience. show details Very sad, very belittling experience.
May 8th, 2013

The doctors child-like MA talks down to the patients, and we can over hear the office staff talking down about the Doctors wife, among all the other gossip we get to hear while waiting to be seene. I feel like I have no options considering I am on a social security income and my insurane is only accepted by this Rhuematolgy clinic. I always keep my appts but I'm so sick of being treated like I'm lesser of a person. Leaving messages to discuss my concerns have yet to be returned, and my gal friend who receives her in office iv medication talks about a short, older woman who she has heard talking down about others. Needless to say, this is a messy operation and I hope other Rhuematologists begin to take medicaids. We want to feel decenncy again.

Worst office ever!!! show details Worst office ever!!!
by Extremely unhappy Patient on Mar 26th, 2013

The experience I had when I came to Dr. Fairfax's office was anything but pleasant. He was cold, didn't answer my questions, and seemed like he had better things to do. His assistant was a joke, I tried to ignore it the first visit, maybe it was an off day, but on my second visit to this office she was still a completely unprofessional little child. This office is a joke, she did not even have a name tag on to identify herself and her poor attitude, I had to ask the girl at the front desk for "Claudia's" name. She by far is the worst thing to ever happen to this office. Rheumatology in Arizona has become a joke and these children being in charge of taking care of us is a sick little sadistic game they do not take seriously. She does not even return my calls, the list could go on, and on of things that she lacks especially manners. Please Hire a new Staff Dr. Fairfax hire a new staff, and maybe act like a physician who cares like I am sure you did years ago.

Quick to diagnose Fibromyalgia, to acquire more patients. Not Trustworthy! show details Quick to diagnose Fibromyalgia, to acquire more patients. Not Trustworthy!
Feb 15th, 2013

Dr. Fairfax was referred as a Rheumatologist in the Phx AZ. area that is qualified to diagnose Fibromyalgia, and accepts Medicaid insurance. I presented with wide spread pain, etc. He did NOT preformed a proper (18 pressure point)test, but rather only 4-6 points, and then was Quick to diagnose FM. Then, he did not hesitate to prescribe anti-inflammatory, pain medications, and administer cortisone shots. In the year I attended his practice, not one of my symptoms was relieved, nor revisited diagnostically. I found Dr. Fairfax and his partner, Ignorant to this disease, and it's proper treatment! NOTE: Although there may be a co-morbid inflammatory condition, FM is NOT caused by Inflammation!

May 4th, 2012

Difficult to speak to a person when calling office. Have had to leave messages each time I have called and do not return phone calls in a timely manner at all. If there is a reason for this type of office protocol I find it to be very poor customer service.

Apr 16th, 2012

Some things in this office struck me as very good: the cheerfulness of the med techs,the soft spoken and listening nature of the Doctor. Some things as very negative such as the front office and receptionist. Bad first impression. And you know what they say about that...you never have a second chance to make a first impression. Although my second visit was no better.

Oct 27th, 2011

Avoid this office. Rude staff. You won't get a phone call for your 3 month booked in advance appointment and will be billed as a no show. They forget they checked you in, leaving you sitting for an hour in the waiting room. Doctor wants to run new tests for a different diagnosis, after you have seen a genetic specialist and have an accurate diagnosis. Horrible, rude, incompetent staff!

Dr.Fairfax show details Dr.Fairfax
Dec 14th, 2010

He is an excellent doctor !

Oct 5th, 2010

The worst office staff in the medical profession. Dr. Fairfax spends 3 minutes with me every time i have to see him. No bedside manner. I hate going. Hes The only doctor in town.

STAFF IS VERY RUDE show details STAFF IS VERY RUDE
Sep 21st, 2010

I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAFF IS RUDE & DISORGANIZED. DR. FAIRFAX WAS UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE & RACIST. HE SENT ME TO GET X-RAYS WHEN I GOT THEM DONE STAFF COULD NOT FIND THEM. I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN AND HE STILL WOULD NOT HELP OR GIVE ME ANYTHING TO EASE THE PAIN!!!

Run Fast... show details Run Fast...
Oct 27th, 2009

The office staff is rude. The wait is LONG, The Dr. is not looking to actually help people, he's a research driven robot. The office is filled with signs warning of large fines for missing an appointment, needing a form filled out, wanting a refill, on and on. I was not offered help on my health problems.