Dr. Michael Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 8th, 2015
What a joke. This guy has no time for his patients. My mom waited two hours to see him, when she was discussing her slipped disks and sciatica she asked him if he's read her chart.... he said he sees 40 patients a day and doesn't need to be having this conversation and walked out on her. No surgeon should be seeing 40 patients a day and the way he walked out was extremely unprofessional. We are discouraged that she has to start over with a new doctor since the pain is intolerable but would never want to see this guy again.

July 1st, 2015
Pastor
This doctor doesn't listen to the patient or the patient's family when they have repeatedly request rehab or in home nurse care after surgery for the patient who is 58 years old who has many other health problems and who lives alone. And the surgery on my left foot had to be redone at least twice because this doctor did not listen to the patient or the patient's family concerning her overall condition. I have absolutely no respect for a doctor who does not pay attention to patients and patient's family members who are trying to help him as well as the patient's condition and heeling by sharing information with the doctor concerning the patient's present health and living conditions. I liked this find until I and my family found out that when he discharge me from the hospital he did the request even a week of a rehab facility or at home nursing care for me. We went over this a few times with him before the discharge. I will never go back to this doctor again and I will certainly not recommend him to anyone. And I may even write a complaint to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office about his conduct.

June 17th, 2015
Great doctor!

June 9th, 2015
The best!!! Would not have any other spine surgeon operate on me. Fellowship trained and great.

May 29th, 2015
Very smart. Pain free for first time in a decade.

May 29th, 2015
Great doctor! Very knowledgable.

May 15th, 2013
horrible bedside manner
I was referred to Dr. Fernandez by a colleague of his who felt my spinal problems were too much for him and felt Dr. Fernandez could help me with my pain. After 5 minutes of talking with Dr. Fernandez he told me my pain could be stemming for other factors in my life and that he could recommend a psychiatrist to talk with. I left his office very displeased and still in pain. Need less to say I got a second opinion had surgery and am no longer in pain, nor am I depressed like Dr. Fernandez suggested. I couldn't be happier that I got a second opinion.

March 12th, 2013
Fantastic Physician and even better surgeon!
Fantastic Physician and even better surgeon! Dr Fernandez was extremely knowledgable of my spinal condition. He is kind and compassionate and truly cares about his patients.

July 19th, 2012
professional, kind, comfortble

January 20th, 2012
Very Impressed
Dr Fernandez was right on the mark with his diagnosis. He was able to do for me what 7 others could not do. I am finally pain free after 40+years. He was caring, prompt, answered all my questions honestly and prepared me fully on what to expect. I would recommend him to all my friends and relatives.