Michael F Fina MD Patient Reviews

• Winston Salem, NC

3.6

September 19th, 2014
Dr Fina pulled me through a very threatening liver flare-up
I have been a patient of Dr Fina's for several years - I am a liver cirrhosis patient now in stage four -- Dr Fina has provided excellent care for me & because of his vast knowledge of my disease, he has been able to stabilize my condition & with his continued care & genuine concern for me, I am able to continue to do very well. Dr Fina has a comforting presence & always patiently answers any concerns I have.

August 13th, 2013
If you don't have IBS don't go to Dr.Fina
Dr. Fina is a wonderful man. He is super sweet. However, I went to him because I was wanting a new treatment for my current diagnosis that is being done at his office. After some tests, I was informed that my previous diagnosis was wrong and he wasn't sure what was causing my problems. Instead of doing more tests, he just prescribed me IBS medication which did not fit my symptoms. That medication caused me immense pain and side effects. I called his office hoping that this would lead him to do more investigation into my now mystery GI problem. Nope. He just prescribed me another IBS medication. I do not have IBS. Overall, Dr Fina did not seem interested in finding out root causes of problems. He's more, 'lets just throw the usual pills at it' type of doctor. That might work for a lot of people, but not for me.

February 25th, 2013
Doctor's Visit
Dr. Fina was a marvelous surprise for my husband and I. We have been going back and forth to Baptist for over a year and although, all the doctors have been excellent....Dr. Fina took such an interest in us and was honest with his evaluation of my husband's condition. He had studied it prior to our appointment. We both felt like he knew both of us. Obviously, extremely brilliant....but such a compassionate bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Fina for taking care of my husband and for being such a wonderful Doctor. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Fina.

May 18th, 2011
Top GI doc
Dr. Fina is clearly very bright, and he relates very well to patients. He is a good listener and his diagnoses have proven spot-on, at least for me and my wife. His bedside manner is excellent, he does not rush through an office appointment, and his reputation amouong other medical professionals is tops. We would highly recommend him.