A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael First:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael First is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. First
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. First Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael First, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Eating Disorders
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Mental Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. First graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 4 awards.
Dr. First has 7 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Bruce First MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Michael B. First practice?
- Dr. Michael First has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael First practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.