Dr. Michael Fishell MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Henderson, NV

3.0

December 17th, 2015
Excellent doctor
Dr. Fishell came highly recommended by the neurosurgeon I had seen for my pain-causing problem. It was easy to see why, as he was professional, polite, and remarkably efficient. He took the time to explain everything that was going to be done, and everything happened exactly as he said it would. His staff is competent and accommodating. After two procedures, my problem was largely solved. Thank you, Dr. Fishell.

January 26th, 2014
Doctor with poor attitude
Unfeeling and cruel are the only words I can describe this Doctor. I am in pain, old and sick. He refused to make an appointment for me. No reason was given. His staff were cold also. This is not the kind of doctor anyone should see.

January 15th, 2011
Why don't these people answer the phone???????
I have met Dr. Fishell and I can not imagine why he would have office staff that never answer the phone nor do they call people back that have left messages. What if you had a procedure done and you couldn't get a hold of someone there if there was a problem? How do they stay in business? The office staff is chit chatty about personal stuff the entire time you are there but they can't pick up the phone? They rush procedures too. Scary place!

April 6th, 2010
I called 4 times - noone ever answered the phone, it always went to voicemail. I left messages to try to schedule an appointment and noone would ever call me back. I finally gave up and went somewhere else

November 5th, 2008
thrown away like trash after 6 years
wish i could've seen dr. fishell to try one of the alternative to medication treatments he had discussed with me during first visit. never saw him after the 3 injections did not work, was tossed to pa, and visits were 2 minutes or less. very uncaring. i kept asking if pa could ask fishell if there was any type of procedure that might help, but gave up after no response. then they just decided not that they no longer wanted me as a patient anymore, left me with a huge medication dependency and no reason that they didn't want me. i have not yet found a doctor after being abandoned by fishell. i've been to 4 pain mgt. clinics who ask why fishell dumped me and since they never gave a reason, they want nothing to do with me. my stress levels and self-esteem have plummeted due to how i am being treated by pain doctors, including fishell, who was instrumental in this by dumping me and making me look bad in the first place. i was a good patient. in 6 years, i took meds as prescribed. in six years, i only ran out early once or twice. once i lost a few days worth, the other time i had a horrible flu and threw them up. i thought i was a pretty good patient considering i was there 6 years. i guess my mistake was that i wanted treatment and told them i wanted to taper the medications. i couldn't taper without some treatment or anesthetic injection and for some reason, i wasn't ever able to see dr. fishell to discuss alternatives. so.... i was thrown to the wolves. i doubt i will survive this. i have written on the intake charts that i was suicidal when the pain was bad. well, being dumped by a doctor and then judged because fishell dumped me by every other doctor i've seen is enough to make me panic. and panic makes pain worse. i don't want to die, don't get me wrong, but i can't live in a body that is a torture chamber either. i just want a doctor that i can rely on, that is responsible, that will care enough to try to find ways to help me function again, and that will not make me feel like a criminal because i want some pain relief. fishell didn't make me feel like a criminal in the beginning, but being thrown away without a reason six years down the line sure did the trick. i've never felt so horrible about myself in my life.

April 24th, 2008
Surprised at some of the negative reviews here...
I found Dr. Fishell himself to be a very nice guy, helpful and caring. However it is true that, once you are an established patient in his clinic, you are turned over to one of the Physician's Assistants. I don't know why he does this...but that said, the PA's are very good at what they do. I would mentione Dale Delaney specifically, who spends as much time with me each month that I need and who is a knowledgable and friendly person. The doctor does any procedures, injections and such, the PA's provide routine assistance. I've never felt uncomfortable with this situation in the almost three years I have been going to this clinic for my chronic pain problems. Recommended.

March 28th, 2008
Maybe his first?
Infection of surgical site denied. Turned critical. Perhaps this was his first experience with a serious complication and he simply panicked as any human would. However this resulted in negligence and near death of the patient who ended up on life support and was not expected to live. Although patient survived, life will never be the same.