Psychiatrist

Dr Fisher ...the best!!! show details Dr Fisher ...the best!!!
by Long time patient on May 18th, 2015

Dr. Fisher is by far the best shrink I have ever been to. He is kind, cheerful, sympathetic and you never wait for your appointment longer than 5 minutes or so. He is knowledgeable about medications and makes thoughtful selections for whatever your problem might be. He is SUPER and that is an understatement!

Oct 27th, 2012

I don't think he is taking new pts unless its a referral. He is amazing, i suffered for years and making my loved ones unhappy to, no one knew what to do. After the first month things were better. Once my meds were adjusted I'm a new person, I only wish I had found him 20 years ago.

I know it is not ok and you don't feel ok, but your going to be ok show details I know it is not ok and you don't feel ok, but your going to be ok
Oct 4th, 2012

It's true Dr. Fisher is superb!We have a long history together(one of the reasons he doesn't take new patients is I and most everyone I know has a 20 plus years relationship with him. He is kind, take at least 25 min. if not longer,with each person. He may not always be correct in the beginning but will get it put together as he gets to know you. Though sometimes his calls may be after hours, he does call himself. He sends out appt. reminders and doesn't care if you drop a line in an e-mail as to how things are going. He generally cares for people and how they feel. Very knowledgeable, keeps up to date with new meds and other treatments as well as lives in the area so he knows what is happening around that may influence feelings. Tends to have an innate sense about him in order to connect with his patiants recalls events pretty well and takes good notes if any other quesions were to arise. Kudos Dr. F!

Sep 16th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Fisher for almost 20 years and I have 3 thick charts! He is unequivocally THE best psychiatrist, in fact, the best doctor I have seen.If you have a chronic psychiatric condition (ex: bipolar disorder, major recurrent depression), you will be seeing your psychiatrist at least a few times a year for the rest of your life... so, you've got to be comfortable and confident in your M.D. And you have to be EMOTIONALLY confident that your psychiatrist is acting intelligently & in your best interest... b/c you know that there are those times that being LOGICALLY convinced of darn near anything is impossible. Dr. Fisher is all of those things, and you know that from the questions that he asks. There have been 3 times when I have called about a medication issue and started to despair that I hadn't heard back by 5pm. Instead, on those obviously hectic days, he called me around 7 or 8pm! Seriously, he cares for & about his patients!I am, however, sorry to report that for years now his phone message has said that he is not taking new patient appointments. But from Elizabeth P.'s comment, clearly there are exceptions.If you can't get in, I truly hope you find another psychiatrist as wonderful as he is. It's a more serious decision than any other doctor you will have, so please take it seriously and do continue to look if the first one doesn't work for you... it is worth the extra work.

Elizabeth P. show details Elizabeth P.
Dec 31st, 2010

Doctor Fisher is so great! I've been seeing him for a total of about 6 months. He's understanding and trustworthy! Unlike most doctors you see that never believe you, he listens and takes your opinion into account before his diagnoses. He's smart and knows what he's doing. If your looking for a great doctor stop waisting your time and call him!