Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 5th, 2016
I went to see Dr. Fitz for thumb pain in each hand. Dr. Fitz performed 2 surgeries on the base of the thumb joint on each hand. All 4 surgeries failed. Dr. Fitz suggested and additional surgery for each hand. I declined and went to another doctor.

December 3rd, 2015
Dr. Fitzmaurice did my hand surgery and only left a 1 inch scar and my hand feels like new again.I had no pain after and never had to take any medication for pain.His staff and him are very professional and friendly and I would recommend him to anyone.

November 29th, 2015
Dr. Fitzmaurice and his team are the best!
Caring and pain free is how I would describe my experience. The wait time was long because I had skin cancer and they had to squeeze me in for an appointment.

July 25th, 2015
Life Saver
Michael Fitzmaurice, M.D. Dr. Was a life saver for me with his type of surgery. I could not be put to sleep so would have lost the use of my hand without Dr. Fitz's type of surgery. Thank you so much!

January 31st, 2015
Could not be more pleased with the procedure, staff or outcome...

September 26th, 2014
Michael J Fitzmaurice, MD Review
Dr. Fitzmaurice is the best hand surgeon I have worked with. I consulted Dr. Fitz with 6 different medical conditions, which required surgery for more than 15 years. His skill and expertise is the best and he systematically performed multiple surgeries on both right and left thumbs, wrists, and elbows. His accurate explaination was helpful in arranging and scheduling to perform multiple surgeries minimizing my recovery time and limited scars, which take away from my beauty. Dr. Fitzmaurice is so professional and a darling to work with. I highly recommend everyone to consult him and have him perform his microscopic surgerical techniques on any medical conditions you require and you will be so happy you did. Thank you doc and staff for repairing all my medical issues and restoring the use of my hands, wrists and elbows. I now have full quality of life and can do things I haven't been able to do in years. Words really cannot express my appreciation and happiness.

April 22nd, 2014
I had a great experience, my hands are feeling "normal" again. I am very appreciative of Dr Fitzmaurice and his staff.

November 21st, 2013
I was referred to Dr Fitzmaurice by my Neurologist as the only Physician she would recommend for Laparoscopic Carpal Tunnel surgery. The office staff is first rate and should serve as an example to other Doctors offices. Dr. Fitzmaurice is a first rate hand specialist, and did my first Carpal Tunnel surgery. I was so pleased with the results I had the other hand done. I have recommended Dr Fitzmaurice to all my friends.

August 6th, 2013
I had a very good experience, this was my third visit with Dr Fitzmaurice. I would definately reccomend Dr Fitzmaurice to all of my friends and family. The staff is also very helpful.

April 26th, 2013
Relief
After about a year of tingling and burning in my right hand, I am relieved and so happy with the result of my carpal tunnel surgery. My primary doctor highly recommended Dr. Fitzmaurice, and I certainly would do the same. The surgery was simpler and faster than having my wisdom tooth out. I had no pain after the surgery and no need to take any pain medication. There was a minute incision which after two weeks was barely visible. Now three weeks after surgery, I still have no pain and discomfort and it has healed beautifully.

August 7th, 2009
A Bad Experience!
I am very disappointed with Dr. Fitzmaurice right now, I had to have 2 surgeries on my right hand. The first time after the surgery I was in more pain than when I first went in, so it had something to do with my nerve from the first surgery and so I had to have a second surgery to correct that. I feel at this time that it hasn't done me any good to have any surgeries, thousands of dollars later, I feel I should not have even went to the doctor because I thought your supposed to get better rather than worse. My life is writing and I have had my job for 22 years and now I may very well end up handicapped from this.