A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fitzsimmons graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Fitzsimmons has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fitzsimmons accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 18 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Fitzsimmons practice?
Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand, and Vascular Surgery near Ypsilanti, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Brighton, MI and Saline, MI.
See Ypsilanti Surgeons and Ypsilanti Orthopedic Surgeons.