A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fitzsimmons graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Fitzsimmons has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
- Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fitzsimmons accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 18 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Fitzsimmons practice?
Dr. Michael Fitzsimmons practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Ypsilanti, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Brighton, MI and Saline, MI.
See Ypsilanti Surgeons and Ypsilanti Orthopedic Surgeons.