Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Yahoo.
Needs to retire show details Needs to retire
Oct 10th, 2013

I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Flax. He left a Fallopian tube in my incision site on one of them. Then come to find out 4 years later now he did not remove all of one of my ovaries and it has been causing me problems this whole time. Was unprofessional when I was his patient, very forgetful Needs to retire.

Fondness for Dr. Flax show details Fondness for Dr. Flax
Sep 2nd, 2010

Dr. Flax is definitely the doctor you want when delivering your babies. He delivered both of mine. He is an advocate for the PATIENT and BABY which sometimes doesn't make him a favorite with hospital staff. Who cares? My babies are healthy :)

Best GYN I have had show details Best GYN I have had
by jellocgrl on Mar 30th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I first went to him in 2003, after he had delivered 3 of my nephews. Dr Flax diagnosed me about 5 minutes after talking with me. He did a surgery to confirm the diagnosis. My husband and I had fertility problems and thanks to Dr Flax`s fertility treatments we have 2 beautiful little girls. I personal am very great full that he is my doctor. He has done several surgeries to help me with my diagnosis. He is always ready to listen and act. He is a no none since doctor. He does what needs to be done for his patients. Dr Flax has been my family`s Dr for 9 years and delivered 8 babies 2 mine, both C-sections. He is the best Dr I have. Thank God for sending him to us! I will be very sad when he retires.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
He is cruel and unethical show details He is cruel and unethical
Mar 4th, 2010

Instead of being gentle when giving me local anesthetic for a uterus biopsy, Dr. Flax stabbed me with the needle while I screamed, then the anesthetic did not work fast enough so I screamed and cried during the procedure as he berated me. He also demanded my SSN to send the specimen to the lab. This is unethical and illegal because SSN's are only required by government entities and those businesses that report to the government. Dr. Flax also tried to talk me into a hysterectomy at 44 years old because he said that I "was not usung that organ."

The best OB/GYN and infetility specialist show details The best OB/GYN and infetility specialist
by Karen L on Oct 13th, 2009

I have endomitriosis and have to go to the doc almost every month, for the past 6 and half years. In that time Dr. Flax has helped me and my husband have two wonderful little girls. I thought that I might not ever get to have that. Thanks to him not messing around and treating me. I see him more than I do any other doctor.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
by Kerri on Jan 18th, 2009

Dr. Flax delivered all 4 of my kids and if I had to have anymore I'd make sure I got myself to Albuquerque to have them delivered by him. He is absolutely the best.

Best OB ever! show details Best OB ever!
by Citysearch User on Oct 21st, 2008 on insiderpages.com

This man delivered all my 4 kids and is one of the best docotors I have ever come in contact with. He does everything he can to make your pr...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Apr 4th, 2008 on yahoo.com

The most amazing OB who delivered my 4 kids. He is the kind of doctor who goes above and beyond to make sure his patients are well taken care of. He is also very straight forward and will not sugar coat stuff for you which I love because when it comes to

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
by usuallyhappy on May 9th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
unprofessional bully show details unprofessional bully
by usuallyhappy at Citysearch on May 9th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr Flax was the on call Doctor for my sister after her surgery. He was rude, arrogant, loud, and seemed irritated that he even had to visit. Besides that, he was writing up papers for her release that day, and had not only not checked her records to see the many complicatiuons she had going on, he didnt even look at her C section type incision, he just already ""knew"" she needed to go home today. After explaining to him all of the many reasons she couldnt possibly go home, he yelled at the nurses, then left. He then ""forgot"" to inform her Dr that he didnt release her, so there she sat, the whole next day waiting for her Dr to come, he thought she was at home!