Family Physicians

1100 N San Francisco St
Ste E
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
928-774-3318
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  used to be good  |  show details
by dakoda lynn on Jun 27th, 2014

From the time I was eight in till my mid twenties Dr.floes was my Dr then he started working at the hospital and is private practice suffered as a doctor Flores is awesome but he often over books and you being on time for your appointment does not matter you will still wait some times up to two hours just to be seen and rushed out like your illness is a nussance After seveseveral times of going to Dr Flores and having to wait hours to see him and being treated rather bad by office staff I have quite going to him and now am seeing another Dr

May 16th, 2014

Dr Flores should be relieved of his medical license. He has left a family member on prednisone on high doses and for far too long. This family member is now having total joint replacement because of (stated by the orthopedic surgeon) the prednisone. He also changed medication of many years for no apparent reason and it has caused issues as well and we were told by another two doctors that the dosage was too high. He still uses paper, forgets why you are there to see him, promises "call him anytime" and he's never available. The wait time is inexcusable, he never apologizes for it and he never looks you in the eye, he is looking down at his paper folder the entire visit. I am wondering if he receives a kick back from the pharma company of the new drug he prescribed, as there was absolutely no reason to change this patient off the proven medication they were on. I did not want to even choose one star, but there was not a 0 or minus choice. There are many very good doctors in Flagstaff, Dr Flores is not one of them.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Steve Kay on Aug 23rd, 2013

This is a doctor that cares and treats you as a friend. He has been my doctor for twenty years and I know that I'm in good hands. He is the best.

|  Unacceptable Customer Service  |  show details
by Heather on Aug 7th, 2013

It wouldn't matter if Dr Flores was the best physician on earth; it still wouldn't make up for the horrific treatment of people by the staff. Rude, demeaning, condescending are just a few of the words I would use to describe the group of people who work in this office. It was clear from the moment that I walked in the door that patients are an interruption for the staff. Every patient was greeted with snide comments and a tone that let everyone in the lobby know we were unwelcome. Follow up on lab results is a waste of time. They don’t call, they won’t go over the labs with you over the phone at all. If you want to review the lab results, you have to make (and pay for) another visit. Their standard method is to mail the printout from the lab to your house. I hope you took the right classes in school to know what it all means, I sure didn’t. I had to take it to a friend of mine who happens to be an RN and have her translate it for me. Apparently a 3 minute phone call to say everything looks good is too much to ask.

|  Looooong wait! Overbooks patients.  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

I've been going to Dr Flores for ten years. He is a great doctor. However, I recently changed over to Dr Andrew Martin. The reason is because, for the last 3 or more years, I have to wait nearly two hours to see the doctor!!! It is ALWAYS like this too. Flores also works at the hospital, so he majorly overbooks at the office. Once I was asked to come back the next day to his office just for a follow up injection. I had severe pneumonia! Instead of bringing me back quickly for a shot that took only 3 minutes, I sat in the waiting room wheezing for about two hours. Even then, the only reason I was brought back was because I complained crying to the staff. Another time, I waited an hour and a half, then I was asked to go to the hospital to pick up a culture packet MYSELF because he didn't have sufficient staff to go get it. Ridiculous! Sorry Dr Flores.....you are great, but your staff and practices are not!

|  His staff wouldn't let me see him  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

I have BCBS of AZ and Medicare as a secondary. I had not planned to use the Medicare but pay out of pocket as is my right. His staff said he did not see patients with Medicare. So if you have Medicare do not waste your time.

|  A Great Family Doc...by Marjorie Tuttle and Marlaina Thorslev  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Mike has been my doctor, and that of my daughter, for many years now. He is extremely intelligent, and, has always treated us with kindness and integrity. He has treated my chronic asthma and other health issues and I would recommend him to anyone of my family members and/or friends...he also laughs at my jokes, but then again, I am awfully funny! :)

Nov 10th, 2010

I have seen Dr Flores as my regular Dr since he began his practice. He is caring, concerned and always listens to what I have to say. He has been an excellent Dr to my 5 Children and myself. I credit him and his quick action to saving my life several years ago when I was very I'll and ultimately diagnosed with menigitis. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a Dr who really cares

Nov 19th, 2009

Dr. Flores seems to not care very much about his patients. After spending about half an hour telling him about all the problems I am unable to control and how sick I feel most of the time, he did not order tests that would have revealed adrenal exhaustion and hypoglycemia that were ultimately diagnosed elsewhere, and his summary of my complaints was, "You're still fairly active and that's what counts, isn't it?" No, Dr. Flores, what counts is that I am sick all time and stay active only with great effort of will.

|  Dr. Flores Saved my Life  |  show details
by Doug West on Nov 21st, 2008

A few years ago I had a brain aneurysm. When we called Dr. Flores about an appointment for my severe headache he knew from the phone conversation that I did not need an appointment, but that I needed to get to the hospital. He was right! But, at first even the hospital staff was not sure. After the MRI showed the burst aneurysm they were convinced and I was in surgery. If Dr. Flores had not been by doctor I might very well have died that day! This is just one of the great things I can say about Dr. Flores. He has been my doctor for more than ten years and he has always done the best for me.