Dr. Michael Frac MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 28th, 2014
Great Doctor, Great Person
About 12 years ago Dr. Frac was secretly recommended to me by the Children's Hospital Pediatric Chief of Neurosurgery. It was a secret because doctors aren't supposed to refer other doctors I guess, but I served on a nonprofit board with him and he willingly agreed to offer me some guidance. (He is no longer at Children's so I think it's safe to mention this.) He gave Dr. Frac glowing reviews and years later I know why. Yes, doctor Frac is a gifted doctor and obviously highly respected by his professional peers. But, even more than that, he is compassionate, thoughtful, and empathetic. He has dealt keenly on sensitive issues with my each of my three kids. He respects and listens to the concerns of the parent and knows how to support you and offer guidance if necessary. There have been times when medical logic goes against what the parents have seen in the house, and Dr. Frac has been willing to trust me with the information I have presented and comfortably move forward using my anecdotal notes. It is a team effort. He also knows when you've gone off the deep end and offers clear, logical, sound medical advice to help you let go of things you shouldn't be worrying about. My family has come to the point where we try not to see anyone else accept Dr. Frac when seeing the doctor for checkups or sick visits. The relationship has grown increasingly important to me as I have had need for a gastroenterologist (reflux and later hiatal hernia discovered) ,a child with chronic ear infections and later tubes, one who has been in counseling for depression, and one child with ADHD. I have tried a variety of traditional therapies for our children and he never makes me feel stupid or like I'm wasting my time and money. Perhaps he is just a good politician, but I believe he is hearing me. He is willing to space vaccines if that is your desire and it is no big deal. One random note... I even had a family friend who was trying to get into medical school and Dr. Frac allowed this young man to shadow him for a day. It was the best experience my family friend had had in his pre medical school experiences. He has since been accepted to med school. Dr. Frac really knows nothing about my family other than our interface in the office, and yet he was willing to do this for me and my friend and I wasn't afraid to ask him. He has the gift of making you feel comfortable and the kids feel comfortable. His jokes are pretty repetitive as the kids age, but they don't care. His third grade humor always brings a smile to my face and he plays off of the humor, fear or concern of the child as well. I once talked to another doctor on staff about how great Dr. Frac was and before I could even get started she said, "You know he's a great family man too. I always hear him on the phone asking his wife if he can pick something up on the way home for her. The man is just wonderful." I think we set patterns in life whether in work, at home, or in our leisure time and Dr. Michael Frac has done all with excellence from where I stand. If you are lucky enough to see him once don't let him get away. His ordinary-ness is extraordinary. I just hope he is around until all my kids are 18.

June 11th, 2014
Nurse
Dr. Frac is very thorough in his evaluation of pediatric individuals. He is professional, yet child friendly in his consultations. My son thinks he is "so cool"