Dr. Michael Frederich MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Las Cruces, NM

2.8

March 3rd, 2017
Compassionate, but not over-bearing
I have been a patient of Dr Frederich for well over 5 yrs. He has counseled me about my weight, lab results & medication options, leaving the choice to me. He underwent bariatric surgery some months ago & we even discussed the appropriate circumstances for its use. His staff has made recent improvements in wait times, documentation, follow-ups, referrals, etc. I find him to be caring & willing to discuss health options, to include referring to specialists where warranted.

September 9th, 2015
Wrong Diagnosis Coding
I went to Dr Frederich for a preoperative visit prior to surgery. He listed my lab work as something else and my Insurance would nt pay until I got it corrected as pre-op diagnosis. His business office was very slow and by the time I got the correct coding , it was after one year and my insurance wouldn't pay. Dr Frederich is certainly qualified but his business office and record keeping leave a lot to be desired . I ended up paying for his mistake when it should have been covered by my insurance. I will change doctors in the future.

January 31st, 2013
Dislocated shoulder
Very attentive and concerned. Would recommend

June 7th, 2012
Knowledgable
I personally like Dr. Frederich and feel his medical knowledge is good. I feel he cares about his patients. I think people may judge him unfairly because of his appearance. He is an insulin dependent diabetic and has a weight problem due to the insulin.I jave always been able to see him on short notice and he always made wise choices for my health issues. I like that he gets to know his patients and will work with them. A good, non-arrogant practitioner.

October 20th, 2010
Dr. Frederich communicates that he does not really care much for his patients. The two times I saw him he tried to spend as little time with me as possible. When I was in a hospital emergency room with chest pain and cardiac arrythmia the emergency room physician told me it was very difficult to diagnose heart problems without numerous tests and that he wanted to keep me overnight such was his concern. When he called Dr Frederich, and I use the term "doctor" with some hesitation, Frederich told the emergency room physician that he would not admit me. He somehow was able to make a flip diagnosis that nothing serious was wrong with me. The physician at the hospital told me he got in a real heated argument with Frederich, and he advised me to stay the night. My cardiologist agreed and he checked me out the next morning. I don't know what his deal is, but Frederich should not be a physician. He is no longer my doctor to say the least!

June 8th, 2010
burnout embodied
This doc doesn't communicate well. For starting a new practice in Las Cruces, he sure doesn't seem to care about the patients. After two recent visits, didn't seem to know me or be versed in my case. Spent about 5 min. with me.

July 1st, 2009
Dr.Frederich is not trust worthy to care for patients. His ethical decisions are ones to be concerned about.