Dr. Michael Freehill Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Freehill?

Best doc for the rotator cuff repairs

Posted on July 24th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Freehill and his staff was amazingly positive. He exceeded all my expectations. He fixed my multiple rotator cuff tendon tears beautifully, and I am floored with how small the incisions are, the care he took to not leave visible scars, while restoring all the torn tendons to their former function. I am feeling better every day, and I am so grateful. I would highly recommend this doctor for anyone needing a similar surgery or non-surgical therapy.

Great experience !

Posted on February 1st, 2013

I actually went to Dr. Freehill for a second opinion regarding a torn rotator cuff tendon. I liked his demeanor and office staff so much that I ended up having my surgery with him. I think office staff and clinical staff that work for the doctor oftentimes are a good reflection of the doctor himself. He was not in a hurry seemed interested in my understanding of my injury and the repair process. He left plenty of opportunity for me to say no to surgery and just try to get results with physical therapy. Also, when I called for a consult appointment his appointment secretary (who may have been a nurse) asked the right questions and worked with me to get the appointment as soon as possible. 3.5 weeks later I was having the surgery at his Edina Surgery Center. The only slightly negative experience I had through all my dealings with Dr. Freehill came from a front desk employee at the surgery center who seemed a little "short" and matronly and maybe a trifle condescending. Otherwise, all of the clinical staff made me feel as though I was the center of their universe and all that I came into contact with inspired my confidence. I don't ordinarily write reviews or even consider a second opinion. In this case I am lucky to have met and been treated by Dr. Freehill and others should hear of my great experience.

Love Dr. Freehill

Posted on April 27th, 2012

Dr. Freehill is experienced and personable. He spends a lot of time with his patients, which is why he runs late. Once you get in to see him, it's totally worth it. I had a full shoulder replacement and couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Posted on March 7th, 2012

Dr Freehill seems to know what he is doing and his bedside manner is good. The only thing I did not care for is if you are having questions or medical issues you will not necessarily get a phone call from the PA or even the RN, forget a phone call from the physician.You may be getting your medical questions answered by the office secretary. Medical staff really needs improvement with patient cares.

Bedside manner-10, Staff-3

Posted on January 11th, 2012

Dr Freehill has a very good bedside manner and I think he knows what he is doing, time will tell. But, his nursing staff needs to learn how to treat patients and their needs are not always the same, even if the diagnosis/surgery was.

The professionalism of Dr. Michael Freehill

Posted on September 24th, 2011

Dr. Michael FreehillWas able to salvage and I agree with his choice of words. One of Minneapolis/ St. Paul Magazines Top rated Orthopedic Surgeons that main office is located on Fairview Southdales property. The implant of a Biomet Humeral Head Cap on my right shoulder that was too large and not anatomically placed correctly on the humeral head. And would not take ownership that he had performed a poor surgery and I was still suffering from a great deal of pain. Dr. Freehills P.A. at the time took one look at the x-ray taken by the other Doctor and was immediately able to see the reason I was still in so much discomfort a year post surgery. Dr Michael Freehill and his P.A. removed the Biomet humeral head cap, removed the humeral head of my right shoulder and installed a titanium spike and the correct size ball. When I woke up post surgery from that operation and in the following days of recovery my pain level from the surgery procedure was 75% less than the other two surgeries performed by this so call top orthopedic surgeon. I inquired with Dr. Freehill how he had performed a much more invasive surgery without causing so much post surgery trauma to the shoulder region, His reply was technique this was definitely something this other so call top surgeon lacked. The bottom line is do not go to a top rated general orthopedic surgeon that can make old people joints feel better because he cant make them hurt any less but see the Specialist that works specifically on your damaged area. I was told by an attorney that it would be considered a judgment call by the surgeon on how he performed the cap size and location. He mislead me into believing that he was competent in performing this type surgery rather than be a professional and recommend I see a specialist due to the extent and previous problems encountered from the two previous surgeries.Thank You Again Dr. Freehill Freeland, 2006

Without a doubt,,,

Posted on March 20th, 2009

Without a doubt,Dr. Freehill is a fantastic doctor and surgeon. I've recommended him to many. 4 stars in my book!ite your review of this doctor here...

Posted on October 2nd, 2017