Dr. Michael Bowers DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 27th, 2015
He is a disgrace to the medical profession. I left in the middle of my appointment. I came to him cause I have had various tests from other doctors and he told me without looking at the tests or results on my first visit with him (3 minutes in) that I need to see a psychologist if the tests didnt show whats wrong. I was so offended. Zero bedside manner. I will never return.

January 26th, 2015
Rude, inconsiderate. He is in a rush and has no time for his patients. If you have any problems forget it. He complained that my issues were difficult. The things he said were rude and hurtful. He entered the room negatively with an unkind comment not even saying hello.

January 13th, 2014
Dr Bowers is the worst doctor I have ever seen. No eye contact, and he let me explain my symptoms for about 5 seconds before he cut me off. He told me he sent in a prescription to a pharmacy and left the room so quickly I thought he was called away due to an emergency. Well guess what, he was done with me and never had the courtesy to say so. Eventually a nurse came in with my paperwork. Thanks Dr Bowers for making me more sick than I already am.

June 8th, 2012
Dr. Bowers is a very personable and caring physician.

April 27th, 2012
For 10 minutes that Dr Bowers saw me, about 5 minutes he was typing feverishly on his laptop. After that, he finally looked at me and answered all my questions "I dont know".

July 30th, 2011
too rushed to. check drug side effects
We saw dr bowers after my daughter had a large kidney stone. Upon reviewing her meds, he immediatel said none of my daughters mess would give her kidney stones. Yet another dr we saw later said indeed one of her meds has a high incidence of kidney stones. He is too rushed to give good care. To make matters worse, the office gave us an innacurate list of lab addresses, so we had to go to two. When we read he'd lab number 2 and waited an hour, we found out dr bowers didn't process the order for the blood work! No problem there, as we wont be going back.

July 26th, 2011
Chain is only as strong as the weakest link
Dr.Bowers seems to be a nice person but for some reason seems incredibly rushed. The wait time is agonizingly long and if you add up the wait time outside at the reception and wait time within the exam room its a good 30 minutes or more. This with the rushed conversation with Dr. Bowers doesn't seem something worth the wait after all. Anyway my point is the staff is sub par and although Dr.Bowers means well, his rushed approach further diminishes the patients will to wait for this kind of service.

June 30th, 2011
There isn't anything wrong with Dr. Bowers, but he always seems rushed and I feel like my questions irritate him or are a waste of time. I think he's ok at treating symptoms, but not the cause. I've been seeing him off and on for years and my biggest complaint is about this practice. It is the WORST. The staff are sub par and I leave feeling worse than when I came in. I agree with the other review about this being a factory. Because of the lack of professionalism, I can't understand how this practice has stayed open.

January 10th, 2011
Great Doctor - But Factory Medical Care
Let me start by saying how great Dr. Bowers is. Compassionate, caring, and easy to talk to. If you are looking for a doctor to just prescribe your pill of choice then look somewhere else. He actually tries to solve your problems not medicate them. The only down side to the Fairfax Family Practice Center is the factory type approach to medical care that this practice has implemented. They cram so many patients into a day, if you dont demand the attention you deserve, you could get a doctor that will just wham, bam, thank you for your co-pay and send you on your way. So request Dr. Bowers by name.