A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Carlson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carlson
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Carlson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Carlson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Carlson has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Centennial Medical Center Of Ashland Cit
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael G Carlson MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Michael G. Carlson practice?
- Dr. Michael Carlson has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Carlson practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Internists and Nashville Endocrinologists.