A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Carlson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Carlson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Carlson has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Centennial Medical Center Of Ashland Cit
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Carlson MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Michael Carlson practice?
- Dr. Michael Carlson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Carlson practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Internists and Nashville Endocrinologists.