Dr. Michael Fitzgerald MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 19th, 2015
Dr. Fitzgerald is Wonderful!! I wouldn't go anywhere else! I origanlly went with a midwifery while pregnant with my son and after they didn't do tests I was sent to the doctors for a sevre case of Preacclamsia and I was rushed in for an emergency C-section and he was my doctor constant kept me informed and was by my side 120%. He made me feel so comfortable even through I had such a hard time. Afterwards I wouldn't stop bleeding so he brought me back and fixed me all up. He was just a terrific doctor!!!

June 4th, 2015
expert in his field
Great and knowledgable Dovtor and would recommend him to everyone.

April 16th, 2015
He's an amazing doctor. Went to see him for my pregnancy and it couldn't have been any smoother. Highly recommended.

February 3rd, 2015
Fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable.

July 16th, 2013
Bad experience
I went to dr Fitzgerald per my doctors recommendation. I knew going in that he didn't have a great bedside manner and that was acceptable to me. Things that were not acceptable include him pressuring me from 38 weeks on to have an induction sometimes very forcibly. He even let me know babies just get fatter after 38 weeks no joke this pressure would have made me choose a different doctor if he had been upfront but I discussed that I did not want to be induced from my first appointment on and he said he was fine with it. Next I believe I contracted staph from his office I had what looked like large pimples on my butt. I asked and insisted multiple times that he check them out some were very large he said it was just acne. This led to a very serious staph infection post birth. Lastly because I could go on forever he got mad when I came into the hospital in labor ( acted like I was faking until my water broke) and repeatedly tried to hook me up to pitocin to speed things along. I said no and he told me he has a life and family too and he doesn't want to be in the hospital all night. To demonstrate why this attitude is unforgivable I went into labor at 1 pm and delivered that day at 4:30 pm I needed no help very terrible experience will never return for any reason.

May 15th, 2013
patient
Excellent, knowledgeable doctor. Was very thorough about the risks of the procedure I was requesting and did and excellent job on both of my surgeries.

May 14th, 2013
Disgusting
This man should not be a doctor. His bedside manner is horrendous and it is obvious that he has no respect for women. Makes you wonder why he decided to go into the profession of ob/gyn. I deserve respect, attention, and to be talked to like a human being. I went there once and never went back.

February 27th, 2013
beyond unprofessional!!
I saw Dr. Fitzgerald for a breast and cervical cancer check in 2012. As a breast cancer survivor who has been to hundreds of doctor appointments and has dealt with countless doctors, I found him to be the most unprofessional health care worker I’ve ever encountered. He joked about my small breasts and how easy they were going to be to examine compared to most of his patients. He also accepted and responded to a non-emergency “4 page personal text message” during my exam. He spoke to me in a condescending tone throughout my appointment, and he made me extremely uncomfortable.

August 27th, 2012
Creepy
Dr is creepy and staff is not professional or friendly! I will never goback there and would not recommend anyone go here. I should have got the hint after waiting for 30 minutes just to be called back even though it was a ghost town (now I know why). Dr didnt introduce himself to me and gave off a VERY creepy vibe. Staff was not friendly. Receptionist kept answering her phone when I was standing there and checking her cell phone. I wish I had never gone here. I almost walked out.

June 23rd, 2011
Caring Bedside Manner
He cares deeply for the all over health of his patients, not only baby but mother as well. He spends as much time with you as you need and will always make time for his patients. During my pregnancy I not only had physical health issues but mental health issues as well. He made sure that I was able to get the help I needed when I was having a hard time finding and getting in with a psych. He truly went out of his way to help me. I highly recommend this doctor!!!

August 26th, 2009
Wonderful Doctor
I have had dr . Fitz for 4 of my 5 kids, he is wonderful, careing and can see you very quickly. The longest wait i have had in his office is a few minuts and if i had a problem or was worried i was seen almost immediately even without an appointment. I would highly reccomend him.

January 20th, 2009
I have had Dr. Fitzgerald as my OB for both of my childrens pregnancies. His staff and himself have always made sure I was taken care of. The birth as well went as smoothly as they possibly could, and I have two beautiful children because of him now. I refer him to all my friends who become pregnant, and would refer anyone who I come across.