Obstetricians & Gynecologists
2490 S Woodworth Loop
Ste 200
Palmer, AK 99645
907-746-7747
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad experience  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

I went to dr Fitzgerald per my doctors recommendation. I knew going in that he didn't have a great bedside manner and that was acceptable to me. Things that were not acceptable include him pressuring me from 38 weeks on to have an induction sometimes very forcibly. He even let me know babies just get fatter after 38 weeks no joke this pressure would have made me choose a different doctor if he had been upfront but I discussed that I did not want to be induced from my first appointment on and he said he was fine with it. Next I believe I contracted staph from his office I had what looked like large pimples on my butt. I asked and insisted multiple times that he check them out some were very large he said it was just acne. This led to a very serious staph infection post birth. Lastly because I could go on forever he got mad when I came into the hospital in labor ( acted like I was faking until my water broke) and repeatedly tried to hook me up to pitocin to speed things along. I said no and he told me he has a life and family too and he doesn't want to be in the hospital all night. To demonstrate why this attitude is unforgivable I went into labor at 1 pm and delivered that day at 4:30 pm I needed no help very terrible experience will never return for any reason.

|  patient  |  show details
by M on May 15th, 2013

Excellent, knowledgeable doctor. Was very thorough about the risks of the procedure I was requesting and did and excellent job on both of my surgeries.

|  Disgusting  |  show details
May 14th, 2013

This man should not be a doctor. His bedside manner is horrendous and it is obvious that he has no respect for women. Makes you wonder why he decided to go into the profession of ob/gyn. I deserve respect, attention, and to be talked to like a human being. I went there once and never went back.

|  beyond unprofessional!!  |  show details
by Ragny Morris on Feb 27th, 2013

I saw Dr. Fitzgerald for a breast and cervical cancer check in 2012. As a breast cancer survivor who has been to hundreds of doctor appointments and has dealt with countless doctors, I found him to be the most unprofessional health care worker I’ve ever encountered. He joked about my small breasts and how easy they were going to be to examine compared to most of his patients. He also accepted and responded to a non-emergency “4 page personal text message” during my exam. He spoke to me in a condescending tone throughout my appointment, and he made me extremely uncomfortable.

|  UNPROFESSIONAL  |  show details
by Ragny Morris on Feb 26th, 2013

I saw Dr. Fitzgerald for a breast and cervical cancer check in 2012. As a breast cancer survivor who has been to hundreds of doctor appointments and has dealt with countless doctors, I found him to be the most unprofessional health care worker Ive ever encountered. He joked about my small breasts and how easy they were going to be to examine compared to most of his patients. He also accepted and responded to a non-emergency 4 page personal text message during my exam. He spoke to me in a condescending tone throughout my appointment, and he made me extremely uncomfortable.

|  Creepy  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr is creepy and staff is not professional or friendly! I will never goback there and would not recommend anyone go here. I should have got the hint after waiting for 30 minutes just to be called back even though it was a ghost town (now I know why). Dr didnt introduce himself to me and gave off a VERY creepy vibe. Staff was not friendly. Receptionist kept answering her phone when I was standing there and checking her cell phone. I wish I had never gone here. I almost walked out.

|  Caring Bedside Manner  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

He cares deeply for the all over health of his patients, not only baby but mother as well. He spends as much time with you as you need and will always make time for his patients. During my pregnancy I not only had physical health issues but mental health issues as well. He made sure that I was able to get the help I needed when I was having a hard time finding and getting in with a psych. He truly went out of his way to help me. I highly recommend this doctor!!!

|  Don't Go Unless you want to get Bilked!  |  show details
by Heather S. on Aug 11th, 2010

I was cautioned about this doctor by one of the nurses in one of the major Anchorage hospitals who had preiviously worked for him. He did my after birth check up. We are one of the many working families in Alaska that makes too much for DKC, but can't afford insurance. Not only did he bulk the bill for the office visit, (billed me for the check up and included a $100 "consultation fee"), then, over one year later, out of the blue, his office tried to bill me again! I called their biller, which I believe is his wife, and she gave me some BS excuse about accidently hitting the medicaid button. These guys have no compassion and are out for all they can steal from you. I shudder to think how many women he's given Ceasarean's to just to bilk the bill.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Heather J on Aug 26th, 2009

I have had dr . Fitz for 4 of my 5 kids, he is wonderful, careing and can see you very quickly. The longest wait i have had in his office is a few minuts and if i had a problem or was worried i was seen almost immediately even without an appointment. I would highly reccomend him.

|  show details
Jan 20th, 2009

I have had Dr. Fitzgerald as my OB for both of my childrens pregnancies. His staff and himself have always made sure I was taken care of. The birth as well went as smoothly as they possibly could, and I have two beautiful children because of him now. I refer him to all my friends who become pregnant, and would refer anyone who I come across.