Dr. Michael Gibson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Gibson?

Posted on September 28th, 2016

At first, Dr. Gibson seems wonderful, but you only see him on the first visit and when you have procedures done. He reassures you, but then when you have to deal with the staff, all is different. I had an MRI by another doctor, and it showed a lumbar disc protrusion. I was having pain down both legs and dumbness in my feet. I wanted to try an epidural before I committed to surgery. I called to schedule it, and the staff told me that I could not have it for 2 more months. They informed me that BCBS would only pay for 6 procedures in 12 months, and that I had already had 6, not all were epidurals. I explained that I had Federal BCBS, and that I do not have a limit on how many I can have. I called the insurance company and verified that. I was told even if my insurance company agreed to pay that the doctor would not do it because the regular Blue Cross would only pay for 6. I offered to pay cash up front, then they could file it, and if my insurance company paid, then they could reimburse me. I still was denied care. The nurses that I talked to were rude, and unwavering to try to work with me. I told them that I didn't think my insurance company would want me to be in excruciating pain for 2 months, and if they say they will pay, then they will, especially if it is precertified. Federal BCBS has different rules than regular BCBS, but they would not even listen to me. If you are looking for a pain management doctor, look elsewhere.

rode hard put up wet retired plumber

Posted on February 28th, 2014

I started pain management to keep from letting an ortho cut on my back .He told me without surgery I would be in a wheelchair. Well here I am (10 yrs approx.) going to the clinic, getting a few blocks a yr and following the rules. the rules keep you (me) from becoming a junkie but from what I hear in waiting room it makes you wonder??? I follow the rules and don't take meds to get HIGH only relief. I see Dr Chopper (grin) and he is as good with a needle as they come The pain is still there some you have to live with but without a good pain doc I would prob be dead or worse .Now I am able to fish, ride bikes with my beautiful granddaughter and do a lot of the things I used to do(just not as fast) ,cant run a mile or walk too far at a time but Im above ground and breathing and getting around a lot better of my old friends that are still alive after 35 plus yrs of plumbing and drain cleaning work its a wonder I am still walking .Its thanks to Dr Gibson and Chhabra and a big thanks to Melissa Life is good at 64

2013 EOY Review

Posted on January 9th, 2014

I love Dr. Gibson and his P.A. Melissa is good too. I just wish I could see more of Dr. Gibson. The only time I get to see or speak to him is when I'm having a procedure done! I know he is a busy man, but if the patients could just speak to him 1 out of every 3 visits (which most visits are every 3 months, that's only really once a year!). I don't think that's too much too ask.

Don't waste your copay on this LSU quack

Posted on May 20th, 2013

I wasted 8 yrs of my life seeing this quack. He made me believe that my condition couldn't be cured or fixed. He prescribed way too much pain medicine, more than BCBS will pay for. Not all at once, but I was given Lortab, Percocet, Avinza (morphine at different doses) and finally Fentany patches (25mcg-100mcg).You only see this guy for the new patient visit and procedures. You see one of his PA's for follow up visits. I was discharged from the clinic for receiving shots from a different physician (who's shots actually worked!) I could understand being let go for pill shopping which I never received or asked for from the new doc! I was still on the Fentanyl patch at a high dose of 100mcg. I called Gibson's office because I was worried and terrified about going through withdraws. Basically I was told I was "SOL" and that I should seek medical care elsewhere. I only wanted help to get off the patch. It took forever for me to get in a new pain clinic, who wouldn't prescribe Fentanyl over 50mcg. I had to wean myself from 100mcg to 75mcg to 50mcg which on some days was a living nightmare. Other than people dying from this stuff, I found out that most physicians won't even prescribe Fentanyl because it is dangerous! It was originally prescribed to cancer patients short term to keep them comfortable until they die!!

get ready to do all your shopping there

Posted on April 9th, 2012

i was wanting to change pain doctors and my rheumatologist told me about this place and for me to call them and they impressed me he would refer me to them ... i called them and they told me that i had to have all my blocks and everything done there .... i told her i already have docs where i live that sets them up and it was to far for me to drive every time i needed something done .... the girl basicly told me to bad if i was in pain they would only help me if i done all my buisness with them .... thats wrong

Never see the doctor,and cannot talk to him

Posted on September 27th, 2011

I had a block by this MD.The block made me much worse,and have called,and called multiple times,only to be told,you only see the doctor on the procedure day.Never was I told this when first meeting Dr. Gibson.I asked for an MRI because my pain pathway has changed since the block,and was told that your insurance wil not cover another mri right now,but,they didnt offer to find out what is causing this pain to change. Their staff are very rude,and condescending..I would NOT recommend this office to NOONE.READ and take to heart all these posts you are reading about this facility.They are NOT lying.I told my wife,before my 1st visit,I would find out for myself,that perhaps it might have been disgruntled patients..but now Ive seen it first hand,and I am not happy,and will be finding another doctor.

my scheduled visit

Posted on January 26th, 2011

Service pretty good feel like I am at a checkout. Always checking those drug levels.

This is a volume practice,patients treated like cattle

Posted on April 12th, 2010

I saw this Dr. for over a year and was prescribed increasing amounts of pain meds and had multiple blocks. The last block that he did left me unable to fully urinate or achieve an erection...all was working fine until I got the block. Finally wore off partially. I was dismissed by him after his office accused me of ordering Lortab for myself while under his care. I was on a mail-order drug plan with my Wife and My meds combined. She was taking Lortab presc'd by her Internist and I had an old script left on the plan display. I clicked on the wrong one. When I returned for my next vist I was confronted by a very rude office worker who confronted me with the "evidence." I explained what had happened but they were not interested. I wrote multiple letters to Dr. Gibson and I got a stock reply to the effect that I broke the agreement not to take meds from other doctors. They refused to test me. Dr. Gibson had me on Duragesic, morphine, Actiq, and an antidepressant. Why in the world would I need or take a lortab? It took me 18 months to find another doctor who would take me (reluctantly on the referral from my internist who is a friend). Dr. Gray rarely sees you at an office visit. You usually see a PA or nurse. I only saw him once in the office and when I got blocks.

If You Want A Caring, Knowledgeable and Professional Doctor...

Posted on August 18th, 2008

Dr. Gibson is one of the finest people and most caring doctor any patient could ever want. I have been going to him since 1996. He has helped me to be a more functional person because he has helped me deal with chronic pain from multiple disk surgeries. He cares about his patients enough to stay informed of the current technologies in Pain Management and he does what it takes to help each individual patient to cope with his or her specific problem. Since chronic pain can bring on depression, he has an on staff Psychologist, Dr Jay Heisler, who is just as knowledgeable and caring. Each professional in this office works together to create individualized programs to help patients achieve some functional level of management for their particular pain level. All they expect is that a patient be compliant with the treatment plan(i.e keeping appointments, taking meds as directed, etc.).Dr Gibson will work with each patient, to find a course of treatment that is right and that works for him or her. I thank God for helping me find Dr. Gibson. When you are in moderate to sever pain every day of your life, it gives you hope to know that there is actually a doctor and his staff who are willing to find a way to help you get the pain level where you can actually tolerate it. Although I am not pain free. and will never be, I can function and be glad to be alive every day. I can do more than I could when I first went to Dr. Gibson.

Posted on September 26th, 2017