Dr. Michael Martin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 7th, 2016
Retail store manager
I have been well pleased with Dr. Martin and his staff. I have been a patient of his for a year now. When I first became his patient he told me what I was facing .my diagnoses did not look good, but, he said he could help me, but,(it's up to God).I really did appreciate that, knowing he could help me, but ,also knowing it was up to God. I thank God for such a doctor's. I am doing good, and praying for a long life.

January 26th, 2016
He's the best... His my lifesaver

August 21st, 2015
Good doctor
I still believe Dr.Martin is one of the best, most informed oncologists in Memphis.

March 3rd, 2015
Someone posted about being upset with the remodel. The doctors weren't responsible for this the administration of the clinic were responsible. Dr. Martin allows me to ask questions & gives truthful answers. He is great

June 5th, 2014
Extremely smart and caring
Dr. Martin has been my oncologist since 2011 when I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. He has always done his best to help me. Sometimes I did not like (to say the least) what I was having to go through, but he always encouraged me to look at the big picture. I have and would recommend him to anyone. He keeps up with the latest cancer research.

November 17th, 2013
reality !!!
The reality of all things pertaining to cancer and its treatments, one should suspend their selfish thoughts and their "its all about me" attitudes and consider the amount of patients and their individual diagnosis that Dr. Martin as well as the others involved in our treatments have to deal with. As most cancer patients enter the battle against cancer they are faced with the unknown, the fear and the out come. I was IV stage esophageal cancer and my #s were not good. Dr. Martin is straight forward, concerned and puts forth 110% of what he knows and who he knows to provide the best treatments and help can to his patients. Not everyone will be a survivor and I know that works on a lot of ones feelings when they lose a loved one. All in all, you have to be a special man to do what Dr. Martin does day in and day out. I am living proof of his abilities and efforts. Being a good patient is the beginning of having a good Doctor. Team work wins battles. Thank You Dr. Martin for saving my life over two years ago.

September 6th, 2013
Needs to actually learn to listen to his patients. I was not impressed with him at all.

August 13th, 2013
thoughtful and thorough
Dr. Martin has gone above and beyond for me. It is true that he does not often see patients in the hospital, but when I inquired about this I found out that he only sees patients when he is on the hospital rotation. The West Clinic is part of the University of Tennessee oncology fellowship that trains doctors. It is required that the hospital patients be seen by whatever doctor is teaching that month. I also found out that he is one of the smartest and most thoughtful.

July 12th, 2013
Not very sympathetic, didn't listen

June 26th, 2013
He never showed up when I was hospitalized, more than 5 times. He missed several infections and didn't follow West Clinic protocol. The chemo nurses were neglectful of patients and while getting chemo other patients would routinely have to demand that a patient was sick or in pain be care for even though the nurses could see the patient. Also the Union Ave West Clinic was doing remodeling on an old building with only plastic between the patients and the dust. Once the remodeling started more and more patients started getting infections. The West Clinic should have moved patients who have compromised immune systems out but chose not too.

March 18th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I would recommend Dr. Martin to anyone. His excellent diagnosis and bedside manner have been proven more than once.