Overall Review

March 16th, 2016
Dr. Newman is a very thorough, caring physician.

October 29th, 2015
Dr. Newman has been responsible for saving my life three times since 2003. I cannot begin to explain the praise I have for him and his very professional staff.

August 5th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Newman for many years. I chose Dr. Newman on a friend's recommendation. Her daughter was in her early twenties and experiencing severe gastric issues but none of the doctors she saw thought it could be cancer due to her young age. Dr. Newman diagnosed colon cancer, and she was treated. Her mother told me that Dr. Newman saved her daughter's life. That was enough for me! Dr. Newman is an excellent diagnostician, compassionate, and thorough. Through the years I have praised Dr. Newman to family and friends. What prompted me to write this review is a recent event - a health issue that is unrelated to my gastric system. While at an office visit with Dr. Newman he became concerned with a persistent cough and the type of cough that I was experiencing. He asked for my permission to contact my primary care doctor to include a diagnostic test for this. Because of his noticing the whole person, and not just the area of his specialty, a situation was uncovered that would have gone undiagnosed and treated. He also went above and beyond during my recent visit to ask me about this condition. He listened intently and saw that I was so confused on what path to take. He took the time to help me find a specialist in this field. I, nor my family and friends can believe that there is a physician in today's hectic world who is so caring to do this. Dr. Newman is not only an excellent physician, but a kind and compassionate person. By the way - his office staff are very pleasant and helpful. His nurse, Karen always gets back to me in a timely manner and is compassionate and caring. It is nice to have a positive doctor's office experience from start to finish.

January 16th, 2012
Greatest doctor,best office EVER
I have been a patient of Dr.Newman for 15 yrs.He IS the modern day Marcus Welby! The office and staff is amazing!Somehow they have manged to keep the feeling for us patients that we are valued and important.I always remember the first day I went to the office,My stomach had been sick and I was scared and felt like it would never end.The Dr. Said "dont worry,we are going to get you feeling better".It took a few weeks of trying different meds and times of day,but I got better! Karen the most wonderful caring nurse ever,had me call her any amount of times i needed to during that period to adjust the meds.Who does that?Everyone in this office!Dr. Newman is a brilliant doctor with a great personality and a compassionate nature.My husband and I are so lucky to have these rare people taking care of us.I only wish there were many more like him!

November 24th, 2011
Dr. Newman is an excellent GI doctor. He spends a lot of time both listening and asking questions during a visit.(During one of my many endoscopy procedures at the hospital,I asked the nurses(all over 50 yrs) who they went to and they said "Dr.Newman") I greatly appreciate his knowledgeable and pro active approach.

November 8th, 2011
I find Dr. Newman to be an excellent, caring doctor!
I admit that I am a little confused by the info on this site for Dr. Newman. He is not a pediatric doctor, nor is he a dentist. However, he is an excellent GI doctor. He takes care of my entire family and has diagnosed potential life-thretening problems and resolved them for us. He spends quite a bit of time with his patients and is willing to listen to the whole picture in order to properly diagnose and treat the issue(s). I would highly recommend this doctor!

November 1st, 2011
why did he terminate with me
My experience with this doctor was strange.Scheduled for a colonoscopy, it had to be cancelled at the last minute because I had a cold. I later got a letter from him that he wouldn't be my doctor anymore. What did I do? What did I say? It was the strangest "thing" I ever experienced witha doctor.

August 7th, 2011
I have been a patient of dr.newmans for many years. He is kind compassionate and above all caring. He is extremely knowleable and is up to date on gi issues. He treats the whole person not just the one symptom and will not stop until he has an answer and is able to treat my symptoms. I highly recomend him and would not go to anyone else

August 6th, 2011
I have been going to Dr. Newman for several years now. I find him to be thorough, and he keeps current on latest research findings regarding my diagnosis.He always spends sufficient time with me in the office, explains everything and discusses my treatment to be sure I understand. He completes a total plan for on-going symptoms to watch for, medications, and needed tests/treatments.When I leave the office, I know what Dr, Newman's plan/recommendations are and what I need to do to manage my health.In addition to being competent and caring, Dr. Newman is a nice poerson. I have complete confidence in him and a visit to his office is as pleasant as their team can make it.I have recommended friends to him; one is a current patient of his.

August 5th, 2011
A GI with a great big heart
Dr. Newman is one of the most caring physicians that I have ever come in contact with. He is always personable, courteous and genuinely kind. Dr. Newman cares for and is committed to his patients. He proved this early on to me when I was a fairly new patient and was admitted to the hospital for something completely unrelated to my GI diagnosis. Not only did Dr. Newman call me in the hospital after speaking with me he then called the nurses to follow up on my care and condition. I was flattered that he would take his personal time to check in on me. He is a truly remarkable doctor and a wonderful human being. Dr. Newman is also a creature of habit. For the last fifteen years, each visit begins the same. First we chat in his office briefly catching up on upon our families and life in general. Dr. Newman then dictates my chart, current condition and symptoms as well as the results of any previous tests that I may have had prior to my visit. He often breaks from dictation to make certain that I fully understand what he is talking about and the intent of his chosen coarse of treatment. We then head to the exam room where a nurse assist with weight and blood pressure and of course an exam. You can pretty much count on blood work to be ordered by Dr. Newman, but that just solidifies his determination to assure the well being of his patients...and I wouldn't want it any other way.

August 2nd, 2011
I started seeing Dr Newman a year and a half ago with pain under my left rib cage. A previous endoscopy showed minor Gerds. Under his care the pain continued. As he prescribed new Meds and increased dosages I ended up with increased symptoms of Gerds with severe admoninal pain. I finally changed my PCP, and stopped seeing Dr Newman. I described my pain and the fact that Dr Newman wanted to yet again simply increase my stomach dosage. My PCP determined that the pain under my ribcage was a torn muscle and not stomach. He scheduled an Upper GI which confirmed I only had slight reflux. So there was never a need for me to be on ANY stomach Meds. I'm now having to go thru getting my system back to normal.

July 22nd, 2011
I've been under Dr Newman's care for two years. Stared with just extremely mild heartburn. Two years later I now have a sever hiatal hernia! Dr Newman's only solutions is to continue to change Meds and increase dosages. Not interested in continuing to be under his care.