Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patient show details Patient
by Johnson on Mar 16th, 2014

Knowledgeable, and accurate diagnosis.

my review for dr sugerman show details my review for dr sugerman
Oct 24th, 2013

There is definitely a scheduling problem for this doctor. On my last vist i waited 3 hours to be seen. There was 4 of us waiting to be seen by dr sugerman in the waiting area and when they called on the first person people started clapping and cheering because they finally got called on.He did my surgery and his bedside manor was a zero. I was told his bedside manor was great but not in my opinion. After my surgery he did not come to see me or ask how I was doing or anything until over ten hours later! Then when he finally seen me he asked how I was feeling and I told him I was in a lot of pain and his response was "WHY"!! 6 months later after surgery and I am in more pain then ever!!!!!

tripple fusion back surgery show details tripple fusion back surgery
by Not a happy camper on Apr 15th, 2013

I was operated by Sugarmman on 10-25-2010..always late for appts,late for surgery,watied in examing room for 1 HOUR & 1 half..no one from his staff came to appoligise..I could smell lunch, finally came to see me and stated he did not know what to do with me.because after 6 month since the surgery I was back in pain. His staff refused to release my records to another Dr because I did not make a follow up appt..I was never asked to make a follow up. Since the surgery of my tripple fusion, the last set of screws have bent down and causing great pain. I do not know how he is still in practice. My sister was referred and will not even consider!!!!

Getting MY x-rays back show details Getting MY x-rays back
May 11th, 2012

I saw this Doctor who was recommended by my GP. He was very professional. His staff on the other hand is a different matter. I had seen a Neurosurgeon previoulsy in a different state who had prescribed a surgical procedure. At the previous doctor I got copies of my X-rays and MRI to facilitate my treatment. Dr. Sugarman recommended a more involved procedure and his staff said it would require a 2nd opinion. I was going back ot the state where i got my inital assessment and asked for Dr. Sugarmans assessment so I could get the 2nd opinion there. His staff agreed to email me the infomation on Monday of the following week. I received a call from his staff that Monday and was told I DID NOT need a 2nd opinion and scheduled the surgery for 2 weeks later. I still requested the info for my doctors visit. I did not received the information until that Friday, too late for my appt. I requested my X-ray, MRI and Cat Scan disks to go get a 3rd opinion from a different doctor since I now had 2 different courses of treatment. After 3 weeks of requesting I cannot get MY OWN X-ray and other disks from his office after beig told they were ready. This will require me to get the tests redone at an additional cost and require me to be subjected to additional radiiation as a result. I have terminated my use of his services due to these issues as I now have no confidence in practice.

late for everything... show details late for everything...
Apr 30th, 2012

Late for EVERY appointment one hour each time!scheduled arrival at hospital 6 hours prior to surgery...3 hours late for surgery...Incomplete medication post surgery....just a total CF.

Not a happy patient show details Not a happy patient
Apr 5th, 2012

My first visit was fine. Was given an order for an expensive full-body nuclear bone scan. Upon my return and after waiting for over an hour, his PA (never did see the doctor) questioned why I had the test done. In other words, it was unnecessary. I only needed a bone density test. Also, info in my chart was incorrect. NOT GOING BACK.

Nuclear power professional show details Nuclear power professional
by Robert L Everham Jr. on Nov 18th, 2010

I had triple fusion done on 10/11/10. Dr. Sugarman answered all questions I had.Performed all necessary testing to accuratlydiagnose problem. My surgery was rescheduled so he could follow through with visits the 3 days after surgery.His staff has the highest respect for him.4 weeks after surgery, the X-Rays show his work to be 100%. My particular surgery took 10 hrs, but it is the best quality.I would highly recomend Dr Sugarman to anyone with spinal issues.

Dec 11th, 2009

My wife has a back injury that is causing her intense pain. We arrived for our appointment on time. Even after informing the staff that my wife was in agony we were left waiting for an hour and a half at which point my wife could not stand the pain any longer. We were forced to leave so I could get my wife back into bed to help her easy the pain.We never received a followup call to check up on her to find out is she was O.K. or anything. It's like they just don't care.